Проектний менеджер (Project Manager)
The Right to Protection (R2P), an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection, launches the Advocacy and Legal Protection Programme funded by UNHCR to be implemented in 2019.
The Project is aimed to provide protection and legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees from around the world. The Project also contributes to building a humane asylum system in Ukraine by training local judges, immigration and law-enforcement officials, and law students, and by developing legislative proposals and administrative regulations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Manager works in close cooperation with all members of the R2P Team and third parties under contract with R2P. The Project Manager will report to the R2P Director. The position is based in Kyiv with regular travel to the regions.
- General coordination and supervision of programmatic activities in the Kyiv City, Kharkiv, Lviv, Chernihiv and Volyn Regions;
- Coordination and supervision of the project professional, administrative and support staff and temporary help, such as law students;
- Update the current and produce new personnel policies and procedures;
- Preparation of Project’s annual and monthly work plans, including KPIs, and ensure that all staff are familiar and adhere to the plans;
- Coordination of Leadership in establishing and maintaining contacts with relevant branches and agencies of the Ukrainian government, NGO’s and other parties as may be required for rising effectiveness and efficiency of the project;
- Preparation and coordination of various reports, including statistical and financial information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
Budgeting and finance management
- Oversees Project’s budget and related procurement in compliance with the donor and the R2P guidelines with support from the R2P Head of Finance and Administration.
- Coordination of Project staff recruitment;
- Directly supervision of Project staff;
- Provide guidance and support to Project staff in carrying out their responsibilities under the Project;
- Ensure effective communication, coordination and information-sharing between all Project’s thematic components and key staff;
- Ensure that newly retained Project staff gets well familiar with the organizational culture and trained properly on their duties.
Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain cooperation with key with duty bearers;
- Represent the Project at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
Institutional Development of the Organization
- Participating in development of the R2P strategy as well as its institutional development of the organization;
- Close cooperation with the other Functional and Project Managers of R2P in regard to strategical development of the organization.
- Delivering of expert opinions on migration issues to media and other public parties;
- Preparation and coordination of expert reports on asylum and migration in general to the UN and other international bodies in coordination with the other R2P’s Functional and Project Managers;
- Developing of a systematic expert exchange with the R2P Functional Managers, specifically with the Advocacy Coordinator and the Strategic Litigation Expert.
Reporting & Accountability
- Production of high quality and timely reports in line with R2P guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection and the code of conduct.
Required qualifications and skills
- Magister Degree, LLM in Law, International Law;
- Minimum three years management experience, including financial management, in the field of international development, international assistance;
- Proven track record of dynamic and inspiring leadership of a large team;
- Experience in development and implementation of legal strategies;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent team building and staff management skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to details;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills);
- Fulfil all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favoritism;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team in a politically sensitive environment;
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
R2P will offer the successful applicant a term contract till 31 December 2019 (under the Labor Code of Ukraine), renewable depending on funding and performance.
Send resume to [email protected]. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
For more information about organization, please, visit our web-site http://r2p.org.ua.
Applications close date
14 January 2019. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.