Procurement Manager to support DG Eаst
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professionals to fill position of Procurement Manager to support DG East.
ESTIMATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/LEVEL OF EFFORT: Long-term
BACKGROUND: The USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern and southern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of russia’s aggression, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East works to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and to (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governаnce and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East provides opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provides government with resources to support their citizens, and creates opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. DG East activities are implemented across four regional portfolios and two physical office locations in Kyiv and Staryi Sambir.
JOB SUMMARY: The Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services to support DG East. The position is required to ensure compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures, Ukrainian legislation, and US Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) and other applicable rules and regulations.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Activities Pool Director.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Procurement Manager will provide technical and logistical support and assistance to the DG East during the implementation of DG East through the implementation of the following tasks:
- The Procurement Manager will respond in a timely manner to procurement requests, in coordination with the Activity Implementation Unit, including the Activity Implementation Manager and the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, to oversee procurements conducted in accordance with Chemonics procurement policies and USAID FAR and AIDAR regulations in support of operations and technical activities.
- The Procurement Manager will assist as needed, under the direction of the COP or DCOP and in close collaboration with Activity Management Unit, to coordinate with local and regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services.
- Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions. Will maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file.
- Assist with the project’s commodity management tracking system and provide accurate information
- Will provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project staff.
- The Procurement Manager will travel as required to inspect, confirm delivery, and facilitate disposition of equipment at grantee sites.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
DUTY STATION: Kyiv, Ukraine, or another location within Ukraine, as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible, applicants should be citizens of Ukraine residing in Ukraine.
- Undergraduate degree.
- At least five years of professional experience in procurement, logistics or another relevant field.
- Strong management and administrative skills, preferably with respect to managing large-scale commodity and services procurements.
- Strong understanding of USAID procurement regulations, particularly FAR and AIDAR.
- Ability to coordinate with external partners and monitor counterparts and subcontractors or grantees.
- Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and time management.
- Computer literacy: MS windows applications (word processing, excel, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Fluent Ukrainian and proficient English required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with Procurement Manager, Kyiv listed in the subject line by June 12, 2023. Candidates must ensure that CV does *not* include a photograph, date of birth, and/or marital status information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.