Procurement & Logistics Officer, Health Products – Сommunity Action for HIV Control
For 50 years, Pact has been dedicated to improving the lives of people around the globe who are affected by poverty and marginalization and doing it in a way that empowers them to overcome challenges on their own. We are proud to have reached millions of people across more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas – and to have made lasting change hand in hand with thousands of communities and partners.
Pact Inc. is implementing a USAID-funded project Community Action for HIV Control. The project goal is to accelerate Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improved prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations.
Reporting Operations & HR Manager, the Procurement & Logistics Officer, Health Product will support efficient management of procurement and logistic Health Products/Health Equipments (HP/HE) to meet project programmatic objectives, as well as overall compliance with contractual requirements, Pact policies, USAID regulations and local law. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in coordinating HP/HE PSM activities on the national and regional level. The main responsibility for the Procurement & Logistics Officer, Health Products position is to coordinate procurement of Health Products to the Project needs, supply management of the goods to Project subawardees, stock management at the national and local level as well as oversee the proper and timely utilization of the delivered goods at the implementers level. S/he will also contribute to planning and revision of the programmatic activities ensuring they are in line with HP/HE procurement cycle
- Management and coordination of the procurement process of medical goods, including health products, consumables, health equipment, , from the formation of an application to supply chain management and ensuring timely delivery and coordination with suppliers;
- Oversee the availability and use of various Health products by the Project’s partner organizations;
- Evaluation of purchase requests, ensuring their accuracy and compliance, providing recommendations and instructions regarding any changes
- In cooperation with Grants Team prepare Inventory of goods purchased and provide regular update on goods/ services procurement status including verbal, written reports per Senior Management requests
- Evaluation of offers from the supplier, preparation of notes and evaluation analysis, organization and holding of the meeting of the evaluation commission for the selection of suppliers;
- Support for the delivery of goods in the organization, obtaining and analyzing confirming information, monthly analysis of balances and, if necessary, adjusting deliveries
- Monitoring of procurement documents in accordance with PACT and USAID regulations, both in electronic and paper form;
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA in Economics, Logistics, Pharmaceutical or related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and supply management of HP/HE;
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, as well as proven ability to maintain communication with the vendors and recipients;
- Good level of Ukrainian, both written and oral.
- Proved experience in procurement and supply management of health product (non-pharmaceuticals)
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Experience overseeing and coordinating with international field offices preferred.
- Good level of English, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience of work in international organizations, preferably USAID/PEPFAR-funded projects;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement of complex goods and services in HIV sector
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “Procurement & Logistics Officer, Health Products” in the subject line. The position will be filled upon available financing confirmed by donors. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.