Procurement & Logistics Officer – Community Аction for HIV Control
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Reporting to Operations&HR Manager, the Procurement&Logistics Officer will support efficient management of operational and procurement aspects of the project, as well as overall compliance with contractual requirements, Pact policies, USAID regulations and local law. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in ensuring fairness and openness in procurement processes and adherence to policies and procedures. The main responsibility for the Procurement&Logistics Officer position is to oversee and conduct procurement of goods and services, contract management, dispute resolution, etc. S/he will also participate in organization of security, project office, and assets, and actively participate in organization of events and logistics.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the procurement process of various goods and services including medical commodities, supplies, medical equipment and/or diagnostic tests, from receiving requisition to managing supply chain and ensuring timely delivery and coordination with vendors;
- Oversee procurement for in-kind grants including bid evaluation reports, selection and justification memos, notifications to the selected or rejected vendors, purchase orders, contracts etc.;
- Review procurement requisitions submitted by the team, ensure their accuracy and compliance, provide recommendation and guidance on any changes;
- Assist the technical team and provide advice in preparation of SOWs, technical descriptions;
- Assist in drafting the Requests for Proposals/Quotations/Information and other tender documentation;
- Recommend the solicitation methods and evaluation criteria, review and provide guidance on special terms and conditions;
- Evaluate proposals and their responsiveness to solicitation, prepare memos and analysis on evaluation, organize and conduct evaluation committee meeting is required;
- Monitor procurement files both electronically and in hard copy;
- Assist in preparation of inventory reports and procurement status reports
- Coordinate staff travel and logistics arrangements
- Coordinate project events, including facilities arrangement and materials purchase, provide logistics support to the participants
- Participate in updating project assets and inventory of all project property and coordinate reconciliation of assets with the finance team
- Ensure that administrative and procurement records are well-organized, maintained and updated
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA in Economics, Logistics, or related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement management and organization of logistics;
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, as well as proven ability to maintain communication with the vendors and recipients;
- Good level of English, Ukrainian and Russian, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience of work in international organizations, preferably USAID/PEPFAR-funded projects; knowledge of FAR is an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement of complex goods and services in HIV sector;
- Proved experience in procurement and supply management of health product (non-pharmaceuticals)
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “ComAxn – Procurement & Logistics Officer” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.