Пакт шукає Health Policy Lead
Pact seeks an experienced Health Policy Lead for the USAID/Ukraine five-year Public Health System Recovery and Resilience Activity. This activity will strengthen public health system and its capacities, standards, outreach services, and access to essential health care services during crises such as Covid-19, mental health and other health-related challenges, as part of supporting Ukraine’s pathway to self-reliance. The Health Policy Lead will provide technical support to the project on developing, implementing, and monitoring health policies that will ensure sustainable, resilient and efficient public health system in Ukraine at the national and subnational levels. This is a five-year activity.
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, coordinate and support policy development efforts by the Government of Ukraine (GOU), USAID, developmental partners, civil society and communities to strengthen the public health system in Ukraine in areas related to the project’s priorities.
- Contribute to reviews of national and subnational policies, legal and regulatory frameworks for efficient development and execution of public health functions by leading Public Health institutions in Ukraine (Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Regional Centers for Disease Control and others), especially as it relates to vaccination, COVID-19, mental health and emergencies, and facilitate or coordinate national, regional and/or site-level consultations with GOU, civil society, and communities on opportunities for reform or update of existing policies.
- Ensure that policy development is informed by the latest research evidence and best practices in the area of public health.
- Reinforce policies that strengthen engagement of communities and civil society in public health planning and implementation, by promoting their voice and representation and reducing stigma and discrimination.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development, dissemination and monitoring of strategic policy plans and roadmaps that ensure access to essential public health services by the target populations in Ukraine
- Lead provision of technical assistance for expanding social contracting schemes between public health institutions and community-based organizations that advance community partnerships in public health and equitable access to health services.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in law, preferably public law
- Additional degree or certificates in public health, social or behavioral sciences, political science, public administration, business administration, or a relevant field is an asset
- At least five years of experience developing, implementing, and/or monitoring health policies.
- Experience in health policy development in Ukraine.
- Demonstrable experience with policy development to support ongoing public health reform efforts in Ukraine is an asset.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Ukraine, including processes for development, revision and approval of health policies.
- Broad understanding of public health, health systems, and health policy and practice in Ukraine.
- Experience working with community-based organizations and/or key populations in Ukraine.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Track record of effectively managing a diverse team of employees and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and work with and between different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- The candidate must be demonstrably proficient in (oral, writing and reading) Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
- Ability to travel within Ukraine and occasionally internationally, when health and safety situation allows.
- Ukrainian nationality
- Experience working with the Ukraine Ministry of Health and Center for Public Health on health policy issues.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than July 13, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.