Pact запрошує спеціаліста/ка з кризових комунікацій / Pact seeks Crisis Communications Specialist, PHS R&R
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks an experienced Crisis Communications Specialist for the five-year USAID/Ukraine year Public Health System Recovery and Resilience (PHS R&R) Activity
(May, 2027 is a closing date of the project).
The primary goal of PHS R&R is to strengthen the Government of Ukraine (GoU)’s capacity to prevent, detect and respond to public health threats, sustain critical public health services during a crisis, and protect the health of all Ukrainians including vulnerable and marginalized groups.
The Crisis Communications Specialist will support coordination of projects related to communications with a specific focus on crisis communications including, but not limited to trainings, crisis communications campaigns and expertise to empower and reinforce outreach efforts of the project.
The Crisis Communications Specialist is expected to support all crisis communications projects of the USAID/Ukraine Public Health System Recovery and Resilience activity, including maintenance of digital tools and platforms and ability to disseminate project results and success stories, in addition to supporting communication and outreach efforts, in adherence to USAID and Pact standards.
This position reports to the Communications Lead. Crisis Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with the communication team.
- Crisis communications capability building by supporting strategic approach to development and supervision of the projects and communication campaigns on crisis communications in public health sphere.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day project support to respond to needs of MOH/CPH and rCDCPs in crisis communications in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and facilitate the development and adaptation of regionally and locally relevant health crisis communications, projects and action plans in collaboration with MOH/CPH, rCDCPs, and territorial communities.
- Support the development/adaptation of relevant information, education and communications materials, tools to be used by public health personnel responsible for crisis communications activities with the public.
- Mentor and coach public health personnel.
- Develop & Supervise training plans on crisis communications for public health sphere.
- Maintain and supervise package of the technical communication assistance to
- Provide technical inputs into project work planning, tools development, learning reviews, and project reports related to crisis communications in public health.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA in communications, journalism, international relations or related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience with a Master’s or a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s.
- High level project management skills and knowledge
- Experience of crisis management and crisis communications
- Experience in development of the crisis communications strategies and tools, digital media, event management.
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and work with and between different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using online communication platforms and tools (Zoom, Teams, etc.) to manage virtual events, workshops, etc.
- Highly competent written and oral communication skills with professional level of English and Ukrainian.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop) Publisher, R Project, Inkscape, WordPress, and a variety of website applications will be an advantage.
- Experience providing support to US government funded projects will be an advantage.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than December 18, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.