Pact запрошує Фахівця/чиню з Закупівель та Операційної діяльності / Pact seeks for Procurement and Operations Officer, PHS R&R
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks an experienced Procurement/Operations Officer for the USAID Public Health System Recovery and Resilience Activity. This activity will strengthen public health capacities, standards, outreach services, and access to essential health care services during crises and health-related challenges, as part of supporting Ukraine’s pathway to self-reliance. This is a five-year activity started in May 2022.
The Procurement/Operations Officer is expected to provide overall procurement and related operational and administrative support for the project, especially related to coordinating the procurement cycle, ensuring compliance with Pact and USAID regulations and Ukrainian legislation, under supervision of Procurement Manager.
- Coordinate requisitions, RFQs, RFPs.
- Provide procurement support and maintaining vendors, consultants’ database, and ensuring that this information is available to all staff;
- Oversee daily administrative operations of the project, including facilities, IT, record and file management;
- Maintain and support the development of relationships and contracts with key vendors in the areas of office supplies, insurance, transportation, translations, and other services key to operations;
- Maintain commercial/facilities lease agreements and other office operations agreements;
- Conduct comparative analysis of bids received in response to RFQs/solicitations for the hiring and procuring of goods and services from independent contractors and consultants;
- Organize and moderate tender committees, prepare negotiation memos, and other required documents;
- Identify procurement solutions that best meet the needs and are consistent with the terms and conditions of Pact procurement policy and international best practices;
- Ensure due diligence of the selection proceedings;
- Coordinate event organization: manage suppliers and event logistics (e.g., venue, catering, travel, speakers, etc.), negotiate with co-organizers, oversee events themselves, etc;
- Prepare purchase orders, contracts, and consultant agreements and maintain them after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc. to ensure that the requirements are met;
- Provide overall scheduling and follow-up with vendors/contractors/consultants;
- Check the deliverables, collect and check accounting documentation (supporting documents, invoices, acts of acceptance, etc.), coordinate timely payment;
- Update the vendor database, as well as procurement and consultant trackers on a regular basis;
- Ensure accurate filing of all procurement, accounting, and finance related documents;
- Participate in reviewing and updating the emergency/security plan and implementation of the plan and other Pact policies;
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and 2+years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experiencepreferably in providing procurement services in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain the established procedures
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in both English and Ukrainian
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts
- Demonstrated experience working and negotiating services with suppliers and vendors
- Ukrainian nationals only
To apply please send cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than November 30, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.