Національний/-a спеціаліст/-ка з проектів (старший інженер) (National Project Officer (Senior Engineer)) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: National Project Officer (Senior Engineer)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, One year with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM Ukraine implements the Housing Project with KfW in selected cities of 6 regions of Ukraine, which aim is to provide a surplus to affordable, modern and energy efficient housing stock making it available for accommodation by vulnerable categories among IDPs and locals.
All the upper-mentioned is related to all phases of renovation of existing buildings (for collective centers), reconstruction of damaged houses and residential buildings and new housing construction, maintenance and distribution of housing units among beneficiaries in rent and rent-to-own modalities, the technical/engineering aspects of what are within the scope of responsibilities of the Senior Engineer.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Programme Coordinator (Housing and Shelter), the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Construction), and in close coordination with the Senior Project Architect, and other technical programme specialists the successful candidate will provide specialised support to the implementation of IOM Ukraine’s efforts in provision of housing units, in particular for IDPs, Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to Programme Coordinator in coordination and monitoring of housing and emergency respond related construction activities by coordinating with IOM Construction and Shelter teams, and with the IOM Supply Chain unit, implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Provide assistance to Programme Manager in planning and managing tender and contracting procedures, by coordinating with the Hub engineers in conducting the technical evaluations process and with the Supply Chain unit in selection and contracting processes.
- Provide assistance to the Programme Manager to plan, execute and handover construction projects, by managing and supervising activities of the engineering team, consultants and contractors and coordinating with implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Review and provide recommendation to the Programme Manager for approval of technical documentation. Review and eventually editing of prepared design: structural analysis, drawings, specifications, scope of work, work schedule, bill of quantities, cost estimates and any other required technical documents.
- Assist the PM in coordination with the governmental and local authorities in close coordination with the Senior Architect, National Legal officer and National Housing officer and in coordination with the government authorities provide all necessary permits for execution of construction works, as required by the national law regulative.
- Supervise the field engineers’ team to ensure that work is executed in an effective and efficient manner, by complying with all technical requirements of IOM and Government authorities.
- Monitor contractor’s compliance with the technical requirements of the contract by reviewing deliverables and recommending to the PM appropriate corrective actions, when necessary.
- Plan and organize adequate oversight and site inspection towards to ensure that quality assurance activities are maintained permanently in all projects. This will require complex technical planning and creative and maximized use of available staff and resources.
- Provide technical support to the Supply Chain unit, by reviewing or preparing Bill of Quantity (BoQs) and other construction-related procurement documents, performing bid analysis and technical evaluation of the bids towards to assure transparent and fair tendering process.
- Utilize and maintain work schedule, using automated systems for progress tracking and indicating status of ongoing and completed works. Maintain continuing follow-up schedules to ensure that scheduled time of completion remains current.
- Provide assistance to the PM to write regular reports as required, by collecting, analysing and summarizing information on various aspects of the project including financial, technical and schedule compliance.
- Comply with IOM’s policies and procedures including prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and promotion of a respectful work environment in order to contribute to a healthy workplace.
- Participate as a member of duty travel teams relating to project implementation, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with 2 years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above field with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Certification as a licensed professional engineer.
- Experience in the field of construction engineering and contract management.
- Experience in technical support to a construction procurement and contracting processes.
- Experience working with a non-governmental organization and/or international organization an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of structural analysis and operating adequate software. Using of design software such as AutoCAD and planning software such as MS Project.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards and best practices related to project.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form to [email protected] by 31 March 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 17.03.2023 to 31.03.2023