Національний/-а Керівник/-ця Проєкту – National Project Officer (Livelihood) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: National Project Officer (Livelihood)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 27 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Operations), the incumbent will manage the implementation and monitoring of the Livelihood and Sustenance interventions at country level, focused on the implementation of targeted livelihood interventions aiming to support the sustenance, early recovery and food security for displaced and affected populations and contributing to resilience and early recovery outcomes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the overall planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects within the Livelihood portfolio.
- Coordinate support and processing services through directly supervising the work of team members engaged in the provision of support services and controlling the quality and efficiency of the team’s work.
- Liaise with relevant central and local level government contacts and partners and in meetings with the Food Security and Livelihood Cluster.
- Collaborate with the monitoring, evaluation and learning and information management (MEL/IM) team to devise and implement a MEL plan for projects, incorporate the lessons learned into future projects, and adequately store project knowledge and deliverables for future use, and with the reporting team for quality and timely donor reporting.
- Contribute to contracting and procurement of goods and services through oversight of the relevant project personnel and ensure strong financial tracking for projects within the portfolio, including through follow-up with relevant finance and implementation colleagues.
- Develop communication tools in English and Ukrainian.
- Identify funding and partnership opportunities and draft concept notes and sections of proposals for the project portfolio. In consultation with the Senior Programme Coordinator and the Programme Development Coordinator, liaise with donors to discuss programming ideas.
- Serve as the mission’s focal point for relevant sectoral working groups and similar inter-agency collaboration.
- Pursue relevant learning opportunities for oneself and propose learning opportunities for staff within the portfolio to ensure quality, innovative, and evidence-based programming. Take a leadership role in integration-related capacity building for personnel.
- Organize and/or take part in integration-related events (e.g. meetings, presentations, discussions, visits, etc.).
- Undertake duty travel as needed to meet with beneficiaries, partners, and/or donors; to monitor programme progress; and/or to support personnel working on relevant projects.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields.
- Experience throughout the project cycle, including project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, donors, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups will be an advantage.
- Experience working in a field environment.
- Knowledge of food security, agricultural, livelihood and sustenance issues, as well as knowledge of response, recovery and resilience activities within the current humanitarian and post-crisis context in Ukraine.
- Knowledge of the socio-political context of Ukraine.
- Proven team management, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Solid knowledge in programme planning and implementation.
- Ability to understand, develop and implement administrative and financial control procedures.
- Proven drafting, writing, and reporting skills; confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form to [email protected] by 27 March 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 20.03.2023 to 27.03.2023