National Consultant on Web Accessibility Requirements | ПРООН
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP seeks the services of a qualified Consultant to provide professional support in the area of web accessibility covering technical specific consultations, analysis and recommendations, preparation of thematic publications and their presentation to various target groups. The support may also include the production of comprehensive, understandable and easy-to-follow instructions to be efficiently utilized by public authorities for enhancing digital inclusion standards in Ukraine.
The main objective of the assignment is to provide analytical, technical and consultancy work in terms of web accessibility with the possibility of being widely engaged by all interested parties.
Specifically, the Consultant is expected to provide expertise in content accessibility assessments, audit of digital services in production, the adaptation of existing e-services, e.g., dedicated section for ePidtrymka (e-aid) service, enhancing web accessibility of the Diia infrastructure, contributions to draft lawful regulations on web accessibility and their further promotion, preparation of thematic articles, other types of publications and their public presentation, as well as actively address other UNDP and MDT requests related to web accessibility. It is also anticipated that the Consultant will prepare necessary clarifications, furnish explanatory notes, and perform other works that may be necessary to achieve the expected end results.
Required Skills and Experience
Experience and minimum qualification requirements:
- Master’s / Specialist’s degree in Public Policy / Administration, IT or other relevant social sciences/information technology field;
- At least 4 years of experience in issues of accessibility of information technology (web-based resources, software, mobile-based accessible software);
- Demonstrated track record in advice to international organizations / national government institutions / CSOs on issues of accessibility of public services and ICT products. First-hand experience in problems with the accessibility of government online resources considered as an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in producing advisory notes, technical reports, memos in the past. Experience in working with international technical development projects would be an asset;
- Fluent Ukrainian, working-level English would be an asset.
Documents to be included when submitting the proposal:
- Personal CV, including information about experience in similar projects / assignments as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references;
- Financial proposal in line with the information presented in Section 4. Measurable outputs of the work assignment / deliverables;
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (template may be found at https://cutt.ly/Bzs6D4A);
- Writing sample (in DOC or PDF) of previously commissioned analytical materials, web accessibility audit reports, or publications similar in its topic to the one requested under this assignment produced by the incumbent in Ukrainian or English. The sample may have up to 7 pages in length and should be authored or co-authored by the incumbent.
The application deadline is 5 April 2022.
For more information on the scope of work, requirements, and an application process, please visit.