Начальник відділу логістики / Logistics Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC Ukraine is looking for Logistics Coordinator to join our dynamic team in Severodonetsk Area Office. For the successful candidate, we offer a competitive salary, private health insurance, training opportunities for professional development, and, of course, a friendly atmosphere.
Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Management of Logistics team.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Provide anti -corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management).
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods.
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses, contribute to the design in consultation with PAC of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Manage the Logistics/ICT operations of NRC offices.
- Plan and execute Logistics activities so NRC’s resources are used in most effective and efficient way.
- Supervise the management of the lease of property (offices, warehouses, fleet, accommodation, IT equipment) and the running of those agreements.
- Supervise the management of procurement activities, so they are done in accordance of NRC procedures and serve the best interests of NRC and its operations (quality of goods, timely delivery, value for money, reaching right beneficiaries in optimal manner).
- Supervise procurement in regular search for suppliers with prequalification process and establishment of vendor data base which will include supplier performance information.
- Supervise the management of the warehousing activities in Severodonetsk.
- Ensure the establishment of the asset list and supervise its regular management.
- Supervise the management of NRC fleet.
- Advises programs of logistical constrains and assist in distributions whenever asked.
- Support when needed in setting of IT systems and maintenance of it.
- Weekly and monthly regular logistics reports are sent to Support Manager and relevant programs, finance and HQ.
- Train, coach and guide Logistics staff to ensure Officer and Assistant level is capable to perform tasks more independently within the areas of their duty and assigned tasks.
- Liaison with authorities whenever required.
- Report all potential fraud cases to the Line Manager.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Line Manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Strong IT Knowledge
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context in Ukraine
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian/Russian, including clerical work rules and principles
- Experience with start-up or similar
- Experience in Procurement for at least 5 years on managerial position
- Experience in warehousing and fleet management
- Experience of work with customs official of Ukraine, import/export operations will be a plus
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Working with people
- Type of contract: local employment contract till 31.12.2021, with the possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For submitting CVs please follow the link.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.