Начальник відділу фінансів
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of a Finance coordinator’s role is be responsible for the implementation of the financial procedures; contribute to the planning and implementation of the NRC projects in Ukraine; contribute to the achievement of NRC’s objectives in Ukraine. Overall management of the finance team in Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
- Ensure development and implementation of NRC’s finance systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, donor requirements and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of Finance documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require finance team trainings
- Management of finance team
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, inductions, trainings, performance management, payroll etc.
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to the design in consultation with PAC of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Ensure accurate finance records are maintained and available in a timely manner, including preparation of monthly accounts;
- Prepare analysis including Budget Vs Actuals (BvA) summary reports and forecast of expenditure;
- Together with the AM lead the monthly BvA meeting for SDO area office and filed offices managed by the AM – SDO;
- Maintain a good cash flow and ensure sufficient funds are available to manage operations;
- Training and capacity building of finance staff as well as other support and programme staff;
- Support the Finance Manager (FM) during yearend closure and external/internal audits;
- Support FM in preparation of grant proposals and donor financial reports;
- Participate in weekly Area Management Team Meetings (AMT) and do any other duties that will be assigned by AM;
- Ensure securing supporting documents and reconciliation of deliverables;
- Do any other duties that will be assigned by the FM or AM.
- Broad experience from working as in a finance and leading a finance unit in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Intermediate level understanding of international accounting standards
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Financial management of NGO sector.
- Knowledge of the context in Ukraine.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian/Russian, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Ukrainian law in regard to taxes, VAT, pension, social insurance and other taxes
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of international donor regulation such as UNHCR, ECHO and USAID
- Knowledge of accounting systems and advanced MS Excel user.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
Contract period: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
The deadline for application is 29.04.2019