Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer for USAID DOBRE Program/ Спеціаліст з моніторингу та оцінки в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experiencedto be based in Kyiv.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will work closely with the MEL Specialist and Sr. MEL Officer on the design and implementation of the program Monitoring & Evaluation system of DOBRE Program activities. He/she will support development of the system and quality control at the oblast level. The MEL Officer will help in data collection and analysis and proving input into monthly and quarterly reports. He/she will work closely with regional M&E team and will provide/control information and data for the M&E system.
In particular, she/he will:
- Gather data from local partners, analyzing data to track project indicators, and preparing progress reports to satisfy reporting requirements;
- Support the MEL team to establish and effectively roll out data capture tools and procedures to enable accurate and timely monitoring and reporting and propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Assist to train DOBRE team and partners in use of monitoring tools and applications, propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Travel to field sites to follow up independently with program activities;
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of data entered into MEL system;
- Participate in discussions with local officials and communities to establish consistency in the use of indicator definitions and data sources;
- Assist in developing and applying different M&E and learning methods (including monitoring systems, tools for data collection and analysis, evaluations and participatory reviews) and systems for using the learning in program decision-making to improve impact;
- Draft data analysis reports for management;
- Work with the MEL Specialist/MEL team to enhance learning from evaluations and promote monitoring and evaluation systems, and sharing experience/learning in DOBRE target oblasts;
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to implement and maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts;
- Assist the MEL Specialist/M&E team to prepare drafts of Terms of Reference, project deliverables and other additional technical components of any solicitations for MEL-related contract/sub-agreements;
- Stay updated on developments in monitoring and evaluation trends;
- Contribute to the preparation of the program’s quarterly/annual reports and work plans;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the MEL Specialist.
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning concepts including data collection and analysis;
- Good organizational and inter-personal skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong report writing and public presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to meet concrete deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Ability to travel to partner CCs by road/rail on official duties;
- Proficiency in English required;
- Ukrainian and/or Russian communication skills required;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite (especially Excel, Access and similar database software);
- Ability to work with statistical packages preferred.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public administration, economic development, business administration, planning or related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing and reporting on the applications of quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analyses;
- Demonstrated experience in using data collection and management information systems preferred.
- Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able and willing to frequently travel domestically to regional program offices and sites.
Candidates are asked to submit their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line by COB February 28, 2020.