Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer for USAID DOBRE Program / Фахівець із моніторингу, оцінки та навчання в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer for USAID DOBRE program to be based in Kyiv.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will work closely with the MEL Specialist on the design and implementation of the DOBRE Program Monitoring & Evaluation System. He/she will support development of the system and quality control, help in data collection and analysis, and provide input into monthly and quarterly reports. The MEL Officer will work closely with regional teams who will provide information and data for the M&E system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the MEL Specialist to implement the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan, including analyzing data to track project indicators, and preparing progress reports to satisfy reporting requirements;
- Help train DOBRE team and partners in use of monitoring tools and applications and propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Provide consultations/trainings to DOBRE partner communities on introduction and use of performance monitoring indicators in communities programs and plans upon request;
- Collaborate and share monitoring and evaluation expertise with other DOBRE technical assistance components;
- Travel to field sites to follow up independently with program activities (if the organization’s security policies and procedures allow);
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of data entered into M&E system;
- Assist in developing and applying different M&E and learning methods (including monitoring systems, tools for data collection and analysis, evaluations and participatory reviews) and systems for using the learning in program decision-making to improve impact;
- Contribute to HQ and donor reports particularly on program progress towards indicators; produce analytical summaries including graphs, charts, tables, narratives and visuals to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements;
- Stay updated on developments in monitoring and evaluation trends; approaches to data analysis and visualization, and keep the M&E data base updated to provide all necessary data processing functions;
- Contribute to learning agenda of DOBRE MEL team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning concepts including data collection and analysis;
- Knowledge of M&E databases, analytical software and data visualization tools;
- Good organizational, inter-personal skills and communication skills;
- Strong writing and public presentation skills, ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Self-motivated and able to meet concrete deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Proficiency in English and Ukrainian — both written and oral required;
- Computer literacy in MS Office package (especially Excel, Access and similar database software).
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social sciences, public administration, economic development, business administration, planning or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of monitoring, evaluation, and learning; managing information systems;
- Experience and knowledge of local government management and decentralization reform is a plus;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of research methodologies and processes.
Candidates are asked to send their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line by COB December 19, 2022. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.