Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director/ Директор з моніторингу та оцінки
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director (MEL) for the anticipated five year USAID Ukraine UNITY Project. The purpose of the new Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) Activity is to foster vested ownership among young people in Ukraine’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director (MEL) Director will ensure that the program achieves results in all areas and that team members are poised to deliver services on schedule.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to M&E activities across all project components.
- Oversee development and refinement of the project’s Performance Management Plan (PMP).
- Design and manage the project’s M&E system. Develop and implement processes and methodologies to ensure consistent data collection, management and reporting in keeping with the PMP.
- Analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data in order to gauge project impact.
- Contribute to work plans, reports, success stories and other project deliverables.
- Manage a small team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in international development, public administration, economics, statistics, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience in managing M&E activities on large, complex, donor-funded international development projects, preferably funded by USAID.
- Experience applying advanced statistics and research methodology, using sampling techniques and methodologies, and using software for statistical and other relevant applications (such as SPSS, STATA, spreadsheets, and GIS).
- Experience managing a field-based team and partner organization staff preferred.
- Familiarity with gender issues in monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of USAID cooperative agreement policies, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Excellent presentation/training skills, including experience in the design and facilitation of short- and long-term training programs.
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian, or Russian required.
Interested candidates should apply following the link: