Місцевий/а консультант/ка з питань бухгалтерського обліку/ Local Consultant on Accounting (re-announcement)
Deloitte is seeking resumes for qualified candidates to serve as Local Consultant on Accounting in support of USAID Health Reform Support (HRS).
Period of Performance: October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023
Expected Level of Effort: 60 days
Program Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support project is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which includes:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Local Consultant on Accounting will provide technical advice and support to the HRS health finance team. All assignments will be done in coordination with the HRS Senior Management to provide relevant technical assistance on health financing issues related to accounting at the level of healthcare facilities acting as not-for-profit enterprises.
Scope of Services
- Develop and provide technical inputs to the financial management materials, technical briefs, concept notes, and analytical materials, including issues related to accounting at the healthcare facility level, acting as not-for-profit enterprises.
- Provide technical inputs to develop legal procedures and methodological approaches for calculating paid services provided at the healthcare facility level acting as not-for-profit enterprises.
- Provide consultations, and technical inputs in the process of providing technical guidance for focal regions focused on recovery issues on planning, implementing, and evaluating regional health programs based on best international practices and national recovery context, including the development of the requested documents and responding to the requests from the healthcare facilities.
- Provide technical inputs to develop recommendations on updating their financial and strategic plans in response to the current war-related conditions (both for war and post-war periods).
- Develop the analysis and follow-up recommendations on the development of salary incentives for inclusion in staff collective agreements addressing war and post-war contexts.
- Participate in discussions, meetings, and consultations on accounting with healthcare facility representatives.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- At least MA Degree in Business Accounting.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the field of Business Accounting – accounting of healthcare facility level acting as not-for-profit enterprises is a bonus).
- Experience in business economics and financial analysis.
- Experience in health financing-related areas.
- Strong understanding of health financing reform.
- Understanding of regulatory and financial framework of the health system in Ukraine.
- High professional language proficiency (Ukrainian).
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference/reference contacts to [email protected] no later than October 9, 2022. Please indicate the following in the email’s subject field: “Local Consultant on Accounting.” Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.