MHPSS Psychologist-Counsellor (Consultant) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Annex 2 – TERMS OF REFERENCE
FOR THE CONSULTANCY CONTRACT OF: MHPSS Psychologist-Counsellor (4 positions)
Duty Station of the Consultancy: Multiple: Uzhhorod, Vinnytsia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv (Ukraine)
Duration of Consultancy: 3 months, with possibility of extension pending available funds and satisfactory job performance.
Nature of the consultancy: Category [A] Consultancy
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the National MHPSS Officer and the direct supervision of the MHPSS Team Leader, the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of IOM’s Mental Health and Psychosocial Programme activities in designated region.
Project Context and Scope:
The ongoing humanitarian situation in Ukraine heightened the country’s mental health and psychosocial support needs and added to the distressing conditions caused by eight years of armed conflict and an underfunded health system. IOM is expanding its work in Ukraine through the development of a community based mental health and psychosocial support programme. The programme will follow IOM global MHPSS standards specified in the manual on community-based mental health and psychosocial support in emergencies and displacement through the creation of psychosocial mobile teams providing community based MHPSS services in temporary accomodaion settings and other community spaces, with the aim of enhancing community and family level resilience and ability to cope with the distressing situations caused by the crisis.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing: Emergency and Stabilization Unit, (Mental Health and Psychsocial Support )
Category A Consultants: Tasks to be performed under this contract
- Provide individual and group counselling to the affected population in need.
- Coordinate with the team leader and other members of the team the integration of mental health and psychosocial support considerations in community-based activities along the full spectrum of the IASC intervention pyramid.
- Design psychoeducation sessions for the communities, based on identified and emerging needs.
- Provide training sessions on PFA and basic helping counselling skills to humanitarian actors, community focal points and volunteers and other IOM Ukraine units and team members.
- Support the detection and referral of people with severe mental disorders in coordination with the PMT team.
- Develop awareness messages/campaigns related to mental health and psychosocial support to be disseminated to communities. Coordinate with other members of the teams the most efficacious ways to convey those messages
- Organize support and discussion groups and forums.
- Facilitate MHPSS needs assessments, surveys and research in the concerned communities of the project to enhance access to community-based psychosocial services and specialized mental health care for the conflict affected population
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Performance indicator for the evaluation of results
Outcome: The target number of people living in areas of project implementation experience improved mental health and psychosocial well-being
Education, Experience and/or skills required
IOM Ukraine is looking for positive, attentive, responsible persons with previous experience in MHPSS work community work and in managing teams.
The Consultant should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical, counselling or educational psychology, psychotherapy or related subject.
- Previous experience in mental health, social and protection activities in related areas of intervention is an advantage.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letters and CVs with names and contacts of three referees, to [email protected] with subject line “MHPSS Psychologist-Counsellor” by May 27, 2022 at the latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
!!! Private entrepreneurs (PE) cannot be considered as applicable for providing services under this consultancy.
From 20.05.2022 to 27.05.2022