Менеджер/ка з регулятивних питань, НДІ
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, United Kingdom, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine seeks (Senior) Operations and Compliance Manager to manage all reporting, administration, procurement, financial management, HR, and operations functions of the Institute’s Kyiv office. This position is based in Kyiv, Ukraine and reports to the Resident Director.
Job Title: (Senior) Operations and Compliance Manager, NDI Ukraine
This is a senior level position overseeing financial and administrative aspects of NDI’s multi-year democracy assistance programming in Ukraine, which is supported by numerous USG and other international donor agencies at a level of approximately $11 million/year. (Senior) Operations and Compliance Manager will have significant supervisory responsibilities of administrative staff in Kyiv and substantial engagement with NDI-DC senior administrative managers to ensure compliance with donor (US Government and non-US Government) financial management and reporting requirements as well as ND’s global policies and procedures.
- Financial Reporting and Compliance
Ensure that donor-specific reporting requirements are met, with coordination between field and HQ-based program staff
- Manage all aspects of accounting for the Kyiv field office, including supervision of accounting personnel
- Streamline financial and administrative operations and put in place any tools, forms, and processes to strengthen internal controls
- Review monthly field expense reports and ensure compliance with NDI rules and procedures
- Ensure field expense reports and wire transfer requests are submitted to HQ within the stipulated deadlines
- Assist with budget analysis and pipeline development
- Support data collection that contributes to timely budgeting and monitoring and evaluation
- Contribute to fiscal year, audit, and project close out reporting requirements in coordination between field and HQ-based program staff
Oversee and coordinate procurement actions, including commodities, long- and short-term service providers, consultants, and sub-grants, to ensure they meet donor and organization regulations
- Monitor cash flow and ensure sufficient funds are always available
- Work with program and procurement teams to ensure procurement processes align with organization and donor policies, are understood by staff, and processed effectively
- Streamline and increase the efficiency of procurement procedures in accordance with donor and organizational regulations.
- Support local staff hiring, development and annual review process;
- Ensure that internal records and regulations/policies are up to date and comply with local legislation, organization and donor policies
- Ensure that onboarding procedures as well as exit interviews are streamlined and well executed
- Support the day-to-day internal operations of the Ukraine office
- Oversee, manage and train/mentor administrative, financial, reporting, grant management and procurement teams
- Supervise the financial/procurement/administrative management of sub awards, to ensure that reports are submitted on a timely basis, and comply with regulations and requirements
- Take the lead with organizing operations and logistics for visiting international delegations
- Serve as a point of contact for registration and security issues for NDI-Ukraine (Resident Country Director is the primary contact)
- Update and maintain NDI-Ukraine’s security plan as needed
- Support liaising and responding to HQ and donor requests
- Oversee administrative functions, including registration status, office management/maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated financial management/accounting skills/experience
- Experience managing/working in an administration and procurement function
- Experience working for/with international nongovernmental organizations abroad is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant subject
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Excellent management skills, experience in grant and personnel management
- Previous experience working with a development project, NGO or International Organization
- Proficiency in English and Ukranian
- Ability and skills to promote and inspire effective collaboration between individuals, organizations and networks
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- Experience in optimizing and overseeing financial and procurement systems
- Strong background in financial administration, office management and procurement
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative and cooperative work environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
- Superior interpersonal and writing skills
- Creative problem-solver with proven ability to adapt and deliver under pressure
- Strong diplomacy skills
- Experience working on UK/USAID/Canada-funded programs a plus;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salary will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should apply apply on-line through NDI’s website at: www.ndi.org/careers.