Program and Partnership Manager / Менеджер_ка програм та партнерства
arche noVa – initiative for people in need is a religiously independent non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Dresden, Germany, working in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Further information about the organisation: www.arche-nova.org
arche noVa has started a relief program in Ukraine responding to the unprecedented humanitarian crisis. Since the 24th of February 2022, the war in Ukraine shows no signs of abating and continues to drive increasing humanitarian needs across the country, especially in eastern Donetska and Luhanska oblasts. The hostilities have resulted in civilian casualties that continue to grow and significant damage to infrastructure and buildings. The war has affected all spheres of life and uprooted over 12 million Ukrainians, including children.
For the implementation of the arche noVa`s relief measures in Ukraine, we are looking for a Program & Partnership Manager (national position)
Duration: until the 15th of October 2024 with the possibility of extension
Position to be filled: asap
Duty station: city of Kyiv, with regular field trips to Chernihivska, Sumska and Kharkivska oblasts
Contract: consultancy or labour, with two months of a probation period
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative, the Program & Partnership Manager will be responsible for the smooth, efficient, and effective implementation of arche noVa`s program in Ukraine. For that purpose, the position holder will work closely with implementing partners.
- Support the country team by overseeing the implementation of arche noVa`s program activities in Ukraine
- Ensure project-related deliverables are completed in full and in a timely manner
- Follow up and address any issues that might emerge during project implementation and adjust project work plan if necessary
- Serve as the organization`s focal point with selected implementing partners throughout the project lifecycle to guide project implementation ensuring compliance with donors` and arche noVa`s regulations
- Assist and advise the Country Representative in identifying and developing partnership with other INGOs, local NGOs and UN agencies
- Assist the Country Representative in developing and reinforcing working relations with relevant authorities at the Government, oblast and community levels as well as other state and civil stakeholders, e.g. business entities, community-based organizations, volunteers and active citizens
- Support the management team in strategic definition of new areas of intervention according to the needs and changing context
- Oversee the internal capacity assessment of implementing partners for the implementation of arche noVa`s program activities according to the defined criteria
- Support selected implementing partners in proposal writing, project designing and implementing, developing M&E and work plans as well as other relevant processes contributing to the achievement of projects` objectives while ensuring compliance with the high standards of humanitarian aid and donor regulations
- Lead designing and implementing capacity development plan for selected implementing partners
- Support partners in strengthening their capacity including the following areas: performance, compliance, finance, organizational structure, fundraising etc.
- Seek, coordinate and conduct capacity-building activities for implementing partners, e.g. trainings, workshops, awareness sessions etc.
- Ensure proper maintenance and update partners` project files including plans, trackers etc.
- Oversee contracts with partners including preparing amendments when required
- Ensure timely preparation and completion of partners’ payment instalments
- Work closely with the M&E Coordinator to consolidate and analyze data provided by implementing partners for both influence decision making and contribute to reports to the HQ and donors
- Attend relevant Clusters` and general coordination meetings and ensure that information is shared internally
- Performing other relevant duties as and when required
- Diploma/certificate in social science, economic, international affairs, development or other relevant areas
- At least 3 years of demonstrated relevant experience including minimum of 1 year experience with NGOs/INGOs in Ukrainian context
- Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Readiness to travel frequently to project sites and partner locations
- Good command of Ukrainian and English (both written and spoken) is mandatory
- Ability to work independently but also in a team and coordinate with other teams
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong self-organisational skills
- Ability to work under stress and in changing environment
Benefits and allowances
- Monthly remuneration according to the organisation’s grid
- Daily allowances and reimbursement of travel-related expenses
- Paid annual and sick leaves
Deadline for application: 15th of October 2023
Please note that the interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position might be filled before the deadline.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and Motivation letter in English to: [email protected]