District Heating Specialist/Спеціаліст з питань централізованого теплопостачання
District Heating Specialist
USAID Energy Security Project
USAID Energy Security Project is USAID funded project operating country-wide with the mission to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment and to increase resilience of energy supply, which will help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy. Energy Security Project will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) and the National Energy and Utilities Regulatory Commission (NEURC) to correctly implement EU directives-based and competitive energy markets. By doing so, Ukraine will facilitate private sector-led energy investments, increase renewable energy generation and provide secure, reliable, and affordable energy for all Ukrainians.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is currently looking to fill a position of a District Heating Specialist to help analyze, recommend and implement district heat market reform activities in Ukraine. This position reports to the Energy Market & Institutional/Regulatory Advisor (EMIRA). The position is based in Kyiv with occasional travel to other cities in Ukraine. Tetra Tech is the implementer of the Energy Security Project funded by the United States Agency for International Development.
- Initiate analysis, provide insight and presentations on the district heat industry in the Ukraine.
- Undertake fundamental research and actively share insight with management, members and key stakeholders, working with other advisors to develop a portfolio of relevant information.
- Contribute to reports, insights and technical papers as agreed with ESP management.
- Proactively develop and implement a plan for introduction of heat markets, as approved by ESP management. Develop recommendations for heat market reform and engage with stakeholders. Ensure data and information are managed effectively, efficiently and securely across Ukrainian heat sector.
- Coordinate and manage analytical and consultant activities for heat industry reform. Build relationships with key internal and external contacts through establishing regular conversation and networking.
- Undertake projects and fulfil other duties, including facilitating and reporting on meetings, as may reasonably be required.
- Contribute to communication strategy and related communication plans to support heat market reform in Ukraine, as approved by ESP management, and contribute to implementation. The manager is responsible for technical messages to underpin ESP communications activities regarding heat sector reform.
- Help to deliver key messages on Ukrainian district heat market reform to target audiences both in EU and USA, in line with ESP branding and marking guidelines and requirements.
- The District Heating Specialist must have at least 10 years of experience in the energy sector and understand the Heat sectors of Ukraine and its stakeholders’ knowledge in various components of the energy sector especially in Heat market.
- The Specialist must be able to speak, read and write fluently in both English and Ukrainian with proven expertise in business and technical heat industry.
- Successful candidate must have excellent drafting skills and strong presentation and negotiation skills, understanding of competitive commodity markets is preferred, as well as, the technical, financial, economic mechanisms that are interrelated in the creation of a fully functioning heat market in Ukraine. The candidate must be able to analyze difficult situations and formulate actions that can lead to desired results. The candidate must have experience of work with data sets, have excellent numerical skills and problem structuring.
- The Specialist will closely associate with representatives from Government of Ukraine, NEURC, MECI and other stakeholders that have influential authority over decision-making in Heat market.
- A strong ability to listen and communicate a clear message of purpose to these groups that have varied interests and diverse viewpoints is clearly desired. Training and mediation experience will be considered an advantage.
- A university degree is required, preferably in business management, electrical engineering, finance and/or public relations.
- The Specialist will work under the Terms of Reference and, particularly, will prepare (either alone or jointly with international and Ukrainian consultants) studies and other work aimed the new Heating Market Implementation, including creation of heat market rules of Ukraine with the EU energy market guidelines.
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 1, 2019 by noon Kyiv time*
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to [email protected]
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. ESP Project is not obligated to fill this position.