Менеджер/-ка Програми з просування участі жінок в політиці (продовжено термін подачі)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI’s office in Ukraine is seeking to hire a full-time Program Manager position for a Women’s Political Participation program. This position reports to the Program Director. The position is based in Kyiv and may require some in-country travel once the quarantine restrictions are lifted.
NDI’s Women’s Political Participation programs are aimed at promoting the benefits of gender equality and combating gender stereotypes, motivating and ensuring that women are prepared to take up positions of appointed and elected office, increasing the visibility of women in politics, supporting legislative initiatives that promote gender equality in politics, promoting gender-responsive governance at the local level, and combating violence against women in politics.
The Program Manager will manage the implementation of a women’s political participation program under the primary direction of the Program Director. The Program Manager provides analytical, programmatic and administrative coordination to NDI’s gender equality work. This is a supervisory position with a team of three direct reports.
Job Title: Program Manager, Women’s Political Participation
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day implementation of an FCDO-funded women’s political participation program in close coordination with the Program Director;
- Lead the forward planning process for the program and ensure the cross team coordination and collaboration;
- Contribute to the program’s short/medium and long term strategy development and implementation;
- Lead the the development of the program’s strategic documents such as work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and regular weekly and quarterly reports;
- Manage all aspects of NDI’s subgrants to Ukrainian civil society organizations under the assigned program;
- Ensure timely monitoring and evaluation of program activities and collect data for M&E purposes;
- Provide day-to-day management, training, oversight and mentoring for a team of local program staff;
- Develop briefing materials for staff, external consultants and program partners;
- Conduct briefings for internal and external audiences on the program content, as assigned; and
- Lead the organization, facilitation and conduction of training sessions, meetings, workshops, events to develop capacities of program partners and promote gender equality;
- Maintain regular and efficient internal communication on the program within Kyiv- and DC-based program teams;
- Ensure compliance of program expenses with established financial and operational policies and procedures;
- Develop and manage relationships and and communication with implementing partners and stakeholders;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Sociology, International Affairs, Public Administration or related field is required. A Master’s degree and/or focus on gender studies strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of Ukraine’s reform, political processes, advancement of gender equality, women’s political participation, and citizen engagement;
- At least seven years of progressively responsible work experience in a related field;
- Experience in all aspects of program cycle, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring and evaluation; Experience with FCDO-funded programs is highly desirable;
- Experience with developing, designing and/or delivering educational or training programs is preferred;
- Previous experience managing subgrants;
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills in order to lead, inspire and motivate colleagues;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with program partners such as CSO leaders, representatives of the national and local governments, and donors;
- Experience working to promote inclusion, especially of women and other underrepresented groups is required;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Ability to work in an organized manner and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google Suite, database management).
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a PDF format in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please, indicate the position of Women’s Political Participation Program Manager in the subject line of the e-mail.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is September 6, 2021. Only selected candidates will be invited for the written test and successful finalists will be invited for an interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.