Менеджер/-ка проекту з репродуктивного здоров’я
Project Officer, Reproductive Health
Title: Project Officer, Reproductive Health
Job ID: 23937
Practice Area – Job Family: Management
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 25/06/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Education & Work Experience: I-Master’s Level Degree – 3 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, Russian, Ukrainian
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 1 year (renewable)
The Project Officer, Reproductive Health contributes to the effective management of UNFPA projects activities (both development and humanitarian) in the areas of reproductive health, health system response to GBV, reproductive health commodity security.
Project Officer, Reproductive Health reports to UNFPA Assistant Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA in Ukraine works for: (1) creating conditions in which every young person can fulfill the potential, lead a healthy lifestyle, know their reproductive rights and take an active social life; (2) conducting sexual and reproductive health campaigns to improve access to health and care services and improve its quality, especially for young people; (3) combating gender stereotypes in society (through the media, compulsory education for civil servants on gender mainstreaming, the improvement of national gender policy and anti-discrimination expertise of school textbooks); (4) providing information and services to gender-based violence survivors through the creation of crisis centers, supporting the work of mobile teams of psycho-social and support, providing expert support and raising general awareness in society.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective management of UNFPA development and humanitarian activities in the areas of reproductive health, health system response to GBV, including reproductive health commodity security.
Through substantive analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends, you will contribute to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks.
Project Officer will monitor results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Government counterparts, UN Agencies, and other international and national development and humanitarian partners, contributing to the integration of the reproductive health issues across all three Country Programme outputs with specific focus on SRH related humanitarian response actions, Health system response to GBV, as well as addressing specific needs in access to SRH services and protection of RR of most vulnerable population groups (IDPs, PWD, vulnerable adolescent boys and girls, etc.);
- Providing technical and programmatic inputs to the planning, conceptualization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of UNFPA-led sexual and reproductive health (SRH) humanitarian response actions and lead CO preparedness actions as related to SRH, including integration of MISP into the national emergency preparedness and response systems;
- Advocating, promoting awareness and understanding of issues and responses related to the goals which Ukraine has committed itself to at the SDG and ICPD and other global commitments;
- Analyzing and interpreting the policy and socio-economic environment relevant to reproductive health and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeping abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and preparing briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks;
- Providing technical expertise and advice CO on the issues of Reproductive health, Health system response to GBV as well as family planning and achieving RHCS;
- Helping create and document knowledge about current and emerging issues related to reproductive health and gender issues by analyzing programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and sharing with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies;
- Collecting, analyzing and providing to the UNFPA CO and its partners all data and information related to the CO programme activities in the area of RH, to be used for the UN and UNFPA programming purposes, providing inputs to the UNFPA CP reporting documents and frameworks, both narrative and indicator-related;
- Assisting advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events;
- Providing programmatic and technical support to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Regional health authorities and other UNFPA partners to ensure integration of SRH related issues into the national health strategies and programmes;
- Manage implementation of the assigned project components/activities within Country Programme portfolio aligning with Government priorities and UNFPA programme policies and procedures including:
- Providing overall coordination and administration of the project activities, including management of assigned IP’s to ensure that the implementation of the project(s) complies with the approved work plans and budgets;
- Liaising and interacting will all partners, vendors and service providers within the project(s) on all matters related to the project implementation for the timely, successful and efficient implementation of all activities planned under the project(s);
- Coordinating the project activities with the activities of other stakeholders working in the same area in order to avoid activity duplication and ensuring cost effectiveness of the project implementation;
- Preparing, updating, implements and monitoring the calendar activity plans for the project(s) based on the approved annual work plan(s);
- Analyzing the project implementation, identifies possible implementation obstacles and suggests solutions, reports on the output delivery to the Assistant Representative, and to CO programme and operations staff, in their areas of competence;
- Ensuring visibility of the project implementation through public relations, advocacy, working with the mass media and other communications activities;
- Preparing and submitting to the UNFPA CO the reporting documents related to project(s) managed, including reports and monitoring data;
- Regularly communicating with and gives advice to the UNFPA CO on all matters related to the project implementation to ensure success of the project(s);
- Providing project-related information for the UN and UNFPA communications activities, including news, press announcements, press releases, summaries/overviews, presentations;
- Performing other project-related tasks requested by the CO management.
- Achieving results;
- Being accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen;
- Thinking analytically and strategically;
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships;
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
- Delivering results-based programmes;
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation.
- Providing strategic focus;
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders;
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance;
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing cultural diversity;
- Embracing change.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, population, demography and/or other related social science discipline;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of sexual reproductive health (SRH), gender-based violence (GBV), including in humanitarian settings, family planning, RHCS;
- Experience in working with government institutions, bilateral and multilateral organizations and civil society;
- Previous experience working with the UN is a strong asset;
- Proven knowledge of project management, including design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects, RBM and human rights based approach;
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
For applying click here.