Менеджер із закупівель, м. Краматорськ
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks a Procurement Manager to lead procurement efforts for grant activities for a USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI)-funded Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II). The position will be based in Kramatorsk, Ukraine.
The program will complement ongoing USAID efforts to create a prosperous and stable Ukraine. The program will provide fast, flexible, short-term assistance to Ukrainian partners in support of a successful, peaceful democratic transition and in promotion of community cohesion in the wake of the conflict in the East.
The program’s overarching objectives are to:
- Increase citizen support for and participation in the development of a modern, inclusive Ukrainian identity, and
- Increase citizen confidence and engagement in the reform process at the local level.
The majority of UCBI II assistance is delivered as grants to local partners, including goods, services, and technical support. UCBI works closely with a range of partners, including national and local civilian government entities, civil society organizations, and community leaders to ensure that activities respond to local priorities and address underlying tensions. The UCBI East offices in Kramatorsk and Mariupol focus on the liberated areas of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts. Chemonics International is USAID’s implementing partner for the UCBI II program
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Leading the project’s intensive procurement efforts to support programmatic activities in the East of Ukraine.
- Working closely with other team members to develop tender documents, bills of quantities, and scopes of work for an array of programmatic as well as support for procurement of operational goods and services.
- Leading technical evaluation committees, competitive range processes, and final negotiations resulting in grant/contract awards.
- Ensuring procurements are conducted within the administrative requirements and ethical standards of Chemonics International and USAID.
- Managing the office’s procurement filing and tracking system and ensure that accurate documentation is maintained at all times.
- University/Baccalaureate degree required
- Extensive knowledge of procurement of goods and services in the Ukrainian context.
- At least three (3) years of experience with procurement procedures of international organizations—USAID experience preferred.
- Prior experience negotiating subcontracts and purchase orders with vendors and organizations highly desired.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image of the UCBI II program.
- Fluent Ukrainian and proficient English required; proficiency in Russian strongly preferred.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by September 30, 2018. Please insert the position you are applying for (“Procurement Manager, Kramatorsk”) in the subject line and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”