Media Literacy and Networking Initiatives Consultant (Київ)
Learn to Discern in Education (L2D-Ed) project, with the support of the British Embassy in Kyiv, invites you to submit a proposal to this Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Media Literacy and Networking Initiatives Consultant to oversee cooperation between the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy and IREX to support efforts to raise awareness of the importance of critical thinking and media literacy and provide various opportunities for Ukrainians countrywide to develop and practice critical information engagement skills.
Media Literacy and Networking Initiatives Consultant will provide services to The Ministry of Culture and Information Policy – the primary recipient of the provided services; whereas IREX acts as the agency that orders and co-controls delivery of services and payments. S/he will collaborate closely with other members of the Ministry’s project team to plan media literacy activities (e.g., training programs, awareness campaigns), validate, consult, and control the scope of the project, project costs, the quality of deliverables, facilitate working groups, moderate team discussions, facilitate all team and stakeholders’ communications, and track a wide range of information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
Learn to Discern aims to spread media literacy, conscious engagement with information, and development of critical thinking through Ukrainian society conducting educational activities on media literacy among educators, journalists, thought leaders, and youth.
The Media Literacy and Networking Initiatives Consultant’s tasks and expected deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Develop promotional campaign concepts.
- Develop concept and scenario of the youth reporter competition in cooperation with partners.
- Consult on the develop the methodology of the workshops for journalists.
- Consult on how to disseminate information on created media literacy resources through media materials.
- Consult and recommend on ways to strengthen media literacy initiatives in Ukraine.
- Advise on drafting proposals for new media literacy activities and project components.
- Contribute to communications and maintenance of social media pages.
- Provide additional consultations that are related to media/communications as request.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The Media Literacy and Networking Initiatives Consultant experience and qualification requirements:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Media/Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or other related field; or Bachelor’s degree accepted in one of these fields if candidate has the equivalent of 10+ years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of media/communications or related field.
- Experience of work with editorial standards.
- Experience of work with international organizations is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of international and national best practices in media literacy.
- Good understanding of current trends in media literacy.
- Experience in developing written training materials.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in Ukrainian and English languages.
Preparation of Proposals
In preparing the Proposal, the Applicant is expected to examine the RFP in detail (it may be downloaded here).
Please submit all the proposal components by email to [email protected], with the subject line: “Media Literacy and Networking Initiatives Consultant, Learn to Discern”no later than 5 July 2021 at 6:00 PM.
Applicants may submit questions concerning this RFP via email to [email protected] before the deadline by 6:00 PM on June 30, 2021.