Координатор(-ка) Програми просування участі ЛГБТК+ спільнот
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI is currently seeking a full-time host-country national staff member for its LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Program in Ukraine. The position supports two recently funded multi-year projects and is available immediately.
NDI’s LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Program works with Ukrainian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to promote LGBTIQ+ inclusion through public outreach and coalition-building activities, including local and national informational and advocacy campaigns. NDI supports partners in their individual and joint efforts to raise awareness on LGBTIQ+ issues in Ukraine through online engagement (such as the Rivni.Rizni campaign), advocacy, and coalition building. The program officer will join a dynamic and innovative team that encourages creativity in designing new approaches to its inclusion work in Ukraine.
Job Title (s): LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with program partners from civil society;
- Design and facilitate platforms for networking and cooperation among program partners and key stakeholders;
- Provide organizational support, consultation, and guidance to program partners;
- Develop and implement capacity-building plans to support program partners and their networks;
- Contribute to planning and facilitation of joint activities by the program partners, including advocacy and public outreach campaigns.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to management and implementation of NDI’s LGBTIQ+ inclusion program in Ukraine;
- Take an active role in program design and strategic and operational planning;
- Contribute to program narrative and financial reporting;
- Coordinate reporting by the program partners;
- Support design and implementation of awareness-raising/advocacy campaigns;
- Maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and program partners;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Rights, Development, Political Science or related subject; graduate degree desired;
- A minimum of four (4) years experience working in democracy support or/and human rights programming with a thorough understanding of social and political processes in Ukraine;
- Strong understanding of socio-political and human rights context in Ukraine;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relations with networks or coalitions of civil society groups and other stakeholders;
- Well-built interpersonal and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences;
- Proven knowledge of human rights and LGBTIQ+ context in Ukraine.
- Strong subgrants management skills, including reporting, communication with subgrantees, and financial management;
- Demonstrated experience in working with LGBTIQ+ groups;
- Powerful leadership skills in order to lead, inspire and motivate program partners;
- Experience in all aspects of the program cycle, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Experience in the implementation of advocacy/awareness-raising campaigns;
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.).
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required;
- The position is open only for Ukrainian nationals currently residing in Ukraine.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and motivation letter as one file in a pdf format in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position of Program Officer, LGBTIQ+ Inclusion program in the subject line of the e-mail.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is September 19, 2021. Only selected candidates will be invited for the written test.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.