Керівник відділу грантів та контрактів для Пакт Інк.
Pact Inc. оголошує конкурс на заміщення вакансії Керівника відділу грантів та контрактів для проекту USAID/ENGAGE (далі – англ.)
Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Grants and Contracts Team Lead for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Pact is an international development organization with a mission to help build strong communities globally that provide people with an opportunity to earn a dignified living, raise healthy families, and participate in democratic life. Pact achieves this by strengthening the capacity of grassroots organizations, coalitions and networks and by forging linkages among government, business and the citizen sectors to achieve social, economic and environmental justice.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact seeks candidates to fill the position of Grants and Contracts Team Lead for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine. ENGAGE aims to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic actions at the national, regional, and local level. By strengthening civil society’s responsiveness to diverse constituencies, the USAID/ENGAGE activity aims to empower citizens to advocate for reform, demand effective implementation, and hold government accountable in the path toward a peaceful and prosperous European Ukraine.
Grants and Contracts Team Lead will provide effective and efficient sub-awards management and administration to achieve the program goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. This includes regulatory compliance, assessment and mitigation of business risks, and enforcement of Pact’s sub-awards policies and procedures. S/He provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of sub-awards and contracts. This will require close collaboration with Deputy Chief of Party and Pact Headquarter to ensure compliance with Pact and funder guidelines. Grants and Contracts Team Lead will supervise the team of grants and contracts employees and make sure that sub-awards management are implemented in line with organization procedures.
Primary Responsibilities: Sub-award Management
- Directly supervise a team of professional level Grants and Contracts staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employee; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting goals and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead the full cycle of contract management activities, from planning through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Oversee the timely and accurate use Pact’s contract management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic Navigator) for contracts issuance and management. Ensure all required documentation is available and stored as per respective Pact policy.
- Manage agreement managers portfolio in the pre-award process, including review proposal and cost applications for compliance with donor requirements and Pact policies.
- Review/prepare correspondence to donors on agreement-related issues.
- Conduct compliance review of procurements for assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that office systems for sub-awards are maintained and that regular reports are provided to project leadership team, Pact Home Office, and to the funder as required.
- Oversee budget management of project’s sub-award pool and ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses.
- Lead team to develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and interact regularly with other program unit teams (program, finance, HR, admin and communication).
- Trouble-shoot issues if/when they arise.
- Review sub-contract and sub-awards related documents from a compliance and risk management perspective and brief leadership on compliance issues in a timely manner.
- Minimize risk to organization by proactively identifying potential problems and possible solutions.
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to systematically improve the accuracy and efficiency of contract management.
- Ensure proper recording and information sharing about the status of contracts, forecasting and tracking sub-contract and sub-awards and program budgets, including amendments and award extensions, and oversee the integrity and completeness of the data to ensure the effective management of awards.
- Provide expertise, advice and training to program and other staff to understand and comply fully with Pact and the funder requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with project partners.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex sub-awards needs and design innovative contracting models as needed.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of contract management and record repository systems, as well as others to facilitate improved contract administration.
- Contributes to development of relevant program-specific policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP/DCOP.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working with large cooperative agreements or contracts either with a for-profit or not-for profit organization.
- Proven understanding of awards management cycle.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience.
- Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor colleagues.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to subgrants, procurement, compliance, and cost principles (e.g. A-122, 22 CFR 226, 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, FTR, etc.).
- Professional-level English language skills (both written and oral).
- Highly computer literate including strong Excel skills, and solid knowledge of database management.
- Good negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ethical management practices.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to undertake field travel (approximately 2-3 trips per year).
- Experience working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or European donors.
- Prior experience with Salesforce CRM and Serenic Navigator ERP platforms.
- Ability to patiently and diplomatically forge consensus between diverse stakeholders on contract management issues.
- A strong commitment to ENGAGE’s principles and objectives.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Grants and Contracts Team Lead” in the subject line. Please include at least 3 contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The position is open until filled.