Керівник/-ця Команди Психологічного здоров’я та Психосоціальної Підтримки (Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Team Leader) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Team Leader
Duty Station: Odesa
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G7
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 7 October 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the MHPSS Programme Officer and the direct supervision of the National MHPSS Officer, the successful candidate will coordinate the implementation of IOM’s Mental Health and Psychosocial Programme activities in different regions across Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate a psychosocial mobile team (PMT) to ensure timely and effective execution of IOM MHPSS community-based programme’s activities in Ivano Frankivsk oblast, ensuring equitable and appropriate allocation of tasks and responsibilities within the team, technical support and supervision of Psychosocial Mobile Team (PMT) members, as well as transparent and accountable use of allocated financial resources.
- Ensure the needs of the programme’s sites and assets are collected and reported to management.
- Organize the maintenance of dedicated assets, materials and spaces, keeping inventory, attendance sheets, logbooks and simple administrative records.
- Organize and chair teams’ coordination meetings, case management or activity management meetings.
- Identify training needs and resources of the teams and volunteers, and report them to the manager and the technical supervisor.
- Maintain established coordination and partnership with other PMTs, civil society organizations, including local NGOs, faith-based organizations, women’s and youth groups, and parents and teachers’ associations, as they relate to the work of the team.
- Assist the National MHPSS Officer and the programme management in the implementation and monitoring of project components.
- Liaise with selected Implementing Partners (IPs), as applicable, concerning the implementation of MHPSS programme activities and provide all necessary technical and logistic support.
- Coordinate with IOM Ukraine’s Logistics and Procurement Unit on all issues related to the purchase of materials, contracting of team members and other logistic needs of the team.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in clinical, counselling, social or educational psychology, counselling, anthropology, mental health, humanities or social sciences with five years of relevant work experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least seven years of relevant experience
- Previous experience working on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programmes (required), with leadership roles (desirable).
- Experience in community-based team supervision, monitoring and evaluation (required)
- Previous experience working with beneficiaries data management, reporting on project activities while respecting data protection and management guidelines (required)
- Experience working in accordance with the Interagency Standing Committee (IASC) guidelines on MHPSS in emergency settings (desirable)
- Experience in representation, liaison with different government authorities at local level desirable)
- Skills in representation, liaison with different government authorities at local level
- Leadership and Team management skills
- Communication skills with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required. Russian is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications using Personal History Form to [email protected] by 7 October 2022 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.09.2022 to 07.10.2022