Junior Capacity Development Officer – Community Аction for HIV Control
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Under the supervision of Capacity Development Manager, the Junior Capacity Development (CD) Officer will contribute to technical support to local NGOs/CBOs and efforts for strengthening their capacity on implementation and sustaining differentiated HIV services. The Junior CD Officer is responsible for supporting CD Manager ad CD Officer in the programmatic activities related to timely and efficient capacity development, technical assistance, and mentorship to NGO and CBO partners identified through the sub-granting selection and award process. The Junior CD Officer will take part in the implementation and scaling up of new projects’ models and tools, as well as development, implementation, and monitoring of Capacity Development Plans (CDPs) for each local partner. The Junior CD Officer will contribute to achieving the overall project’s goals through maintain the partnership and cooperation with local partners, and cooperation with other project components. The Junior CD Officer will participate in delivery and monitoring of technical assistance plans to strengthen local partners’ ability to directly support PEPFAR goals as well as receiving direct funding.
- Contribute to the Project’s efforts on technical and organizational capacity development support.
- Take part in implementation of the Project’s CD Strategy on strengthening organizational and technical capacity of local partners, Ukrainian NGOs and CBOs that target key populations.
- Provide inputs and participate in development and adaptation of CD tools and activities.
- Organize and conduct on/off-line trainings, workshops, mentorship, or supervision meetings with sub-contracted NGOs/CBOs for ensuring the proper, efficient and timely project activities and assessments implementation.
- Provide technical support to proper development, implementation and monitoring of Capacity Development Plans (CDPs) for each local partner to ensure achievement of projects’ indicators.
- Participate in the development of materials for specific areas identified for capacity development of local partners, including trainings, mentoring and coaching, partners peer learning and other methodologies.
- Conduct regular field visits for providing technical support, capacity development, mentorship or coaching to sub-contracted NGOs/CBOs, as well as regularly review their needs and document best practices.
- Liaise and collaborate with MEL, Grant Management and other Project teams on cross cutting issues and exchange lessons learned.
- Provide inputs and develop analytical briefs, presentations, or articles.
- Contribute to the development of annual workplans, performance monitoring and program reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Health Governance, Public Policy, Economics or other relevant areas;
- Working experience in technical assistance, capacity development, and/or monitoring, evaluation and learning programs.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and international technical assistance programs is desirable;
- Technical skills and experience in any of the following areas: project management, capacity development, evaluations, needs assessments, and organizing learning events.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) in English; excellent communication skills/proficiency in Ukrainian.
- Background in capacity development;
- Proven understanding of HIV situation and stakeholders mapping in Ukraine;
- Working knowledge and understanding of existing approaches and tools on capacity development and technical assistance;
- Experience in effective project implementation, data collection, analysis, presentations, and reporting;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to provide on/off-site technical support of partners NGOs/CBOs;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively;
- Ability to learn, promote and extend new knowledge and skills;
- Pro-active, fast-thinker, and able to travel within the country.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “ComAxn – Junior Capacity Development Officer” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.