Intern, Procurement and Logistics Unit – Представництво МОМ в Україні
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Title of Position: Intern (2 positions)
Type of Appointment: Part time (3 days/24 hrs per week)
Duration 6 months
Organizational Unit: Procurement and Logistics Unit
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, and in coordination with the National Procurement and Logistics Officer, the intern will support the Procurement and Logistics Unit activities, including those related to implementation of procurement component of various Projects, through performing the following tasks:
- Assisting in the day-to-day procurement requirements of the Mission.
- Providing assistance in organizing filing system for Procurement and Logistics Unit.
- Maintaining and updating procurement transactions in electronic filing system.
- Providing assistance to sourcing, and evaluating of local vendors, contributing to contract negotiations with vendors, and other partners in accordance with IOM Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Assisting with asset management processes and inventory reporting.
- Perform such other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Internship learning outcomes
- Increased knowledge in sphere of procurement and logistics within International Organizations.
- Understanding of IOM’s internal procurement and logistics tools and processes, as well as practical experience of their usage in everyday activities.
- Improved knowledge about the Mission and strategy of IOM, and particularly the work undertaken in Ukraine.
- Knowledge about internal processes and policies of IOM related to project implementation, and administration.
Training sessions, online and in-person to the extent possible will include, but will not be limited to:
- Vendor management;
- Procurement and Logistics policies of International Organizations;
- Vendor selection procedures;
- Knowledge on contracting procedures;
- Inventory and asset management;
- Standards of filing and reporting related to implementation of procurement component of Projects.
The candidate should:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of Bachelor’s / Master`s level or equivalent;
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- or have graduated with a university degree (not later than 1 year ago)
Experience and skills
- Practical experience with a national NGO or an international organization in an administrative capacity is an advantage.
- General knowledge of the procurement and logistics spheres in Ukraine is an asset.
- Advanced computer software literacy (MS Office)
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV, a cover letter) to [email protected] by 10 January 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Posting period from 30.12.2021 – 10.01.2022