IFES Україна шукає Chief of Party (Anti-Corruption)
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is currently recruiting for a full-time Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded New Anti-Corruption Support Activity in Ukraine. The program is expected to promote good governance reforms and support institutions to deliver anti-corruption results. It will work with civil society, private sector actors, and engaged citizens to meaningfully contribute to Ukraine’s fight against corruption, and to build trust in Ukraine’s anti-corruption bodies. The program will also support government and local partners to advance Ukraine’s digital transformation while identifying and mitigating risks associated with digitalization in corrupt sectors and safeguarding human rights and freedoms online.
The COP will provide overall program direction to meet technical objectives, manage financial resources, and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations. They will lead staff and partners in work planning; activity design; and monitoring, evaluation, and learning. The COP will represent IFES and the program to USAID and Government of Ukraine counterparts, as well as CSOs, private sector actors, and other stakeholders. This position is based in Kyiv, Ukraine and is contingent upon award.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and coordinate technical activities to meet program goals within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters, while maintaining compliance with USAID regulations and IFES policies
- Provide overall guidance and mentoring to program staff to support development of strategies, budgets, work plans, MEL plans and reporting
- Ensure the functional integration of all program components and collaboration with USAID and other anti-corruption programs, government counterparts, CSOs, private sector actors, and other stakeholders
- Serve as the IFES representative to Heads of Missions, Embassy staff and donors
- Identify risk factors with potential to disrupt achievement of program/project goals. Analyze issues, problems or opportunities and propose appropriate courses of action, based on knowledge of professional principles and best practices
- Facilitate the development and implementation of strategies to track and mitigate risk and its potential impact
- In coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA), ensure compliance of project budgeting, financial management and reporting
- In coordination with the DFA, oversee and approve local and international procurement and grants awards in accordance with IFES policies and USAID rules and regulations
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with senior-level stakeholders within and outside IFES to ensure timely and successful achievement of project goals and objectives
- Foster a work-place culture of inclusiveness, transparency, accountability, integrity, and ethical standards.
- Promote staff professional development to build capacity and strengthen professional competencies.
- Supervise in-country staff and consultants and provide feedback on performance
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated leadership and staff management experience
- Project administration and financial management skills
- Knowledge and experience in research methodologies and best practices for program monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Experience with financial tracking, and forecasting for USAID-funded projects
- Experience with Microsoft Excel-based spreadsheets
- Knowledge of USAID and non-US financial regulations and contract compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop and manage effective local relationships
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Proven capacity to work well with minimal supervision
- Experience in managing relationships with international donor community
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in international politics, international development, law, public policy, or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in managing international development activities in the areas of anti-corruption and/or governance
- A record of successful performance in anti-corruption, government transparency, or other programming related to government accountability
- A demonstrated track record of establishing strong working relationships with host country governments, civil society, and other donors
- Previous experience and understanding of digital transformation strategies, including identifying and mitigating risks associated with digitalization.
- A strong record of managing or operating in multi-stakeholder settings
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English required. Fluency in Ukrainian or Russian considered a plus.
TRAVEL: This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. In-country travel may be required up to 30% of time.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through following link.