IFES шукає юридичного радника з кібербезпеки
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a non-profit international organization, supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials, and by empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
Cybersecurity remains a critical and pressing issue in Ukraine. Successful cyber-attacks could have an irreparable impact on electoral integrity, damaging the foundation of trust in the electoral process and tampering with citizen’s democratic rights. IFES has worked diligently with a range of security and electoral actors to ensure that electoral cyber infrastructure is updated and protected, that civil society has the tools they need to protect themselves, and that Ukraine is constantly learning, adapting, and being vigilant to increasingly sophisticated attacks by malevolent actors.
IFES is seeking a qualified Cybersecurity Legal Consultant to conduct research and analysis in the sphere of cybersecurity legislation and prepare the updated version of the publication “Ukrainian Cybersecurity Legal Framework: Overview and Analysis”.
Number of working days: 17
Scope of Work:
- Conduct a research and identify the latest changes in the Ukrainian and international legislation on cybersecurity;
- Conduct interviews with the crucial IFES Ukraine partners to discuss the necessary updates (Central Election Commission, National Security and Defense Council/National Coordination Center for Cybersecurity, committees of Verkhovna Rada, State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine, Cybersecurity department of Security Service of Ukraine) and incorporate their feedback into the final version of the paper.
- Analyze the mechanisms of control and regulation, described in the Ukrainian cybersecurity legislation. Identify strengths and weaknesses in the national legal framework.
- Provide recommendations on the improvements of the existing legislative acts or developing new ones in compliance with the international best practices.
- The updated publication “Ukrainian Cybersecurity Legal Framework: Overview and Analysis”;
- Notes from the interviews with stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in cybersecurity law, digital rights, or another relevant field;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
- Experience in working with public authorities and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Proven experience in conducting research and analysis, writing legal proposals/publications;
- Awareness of the political situation in Ukraine;
- Ability to work on numerous tasks simultaneously in a short time and without constant control, as well as a high level of self-organization;
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest, with “Cybersecurity Legal Consultant” in the subject line, to Kateryna Polishchuk at [email protected] copying Maksym Palamarchuk at [email protected] by no later than December 02, 2020.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.