IFES шукає Старшого проєктного фахівця
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in position of Senior Project Officer. Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, the Senior Project Officer will design and implement IFES Ukraine’s programmatic interventions in the area of political finance reform and prevention of abuse of state resources.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement activities aimed at facilitating political finance reform and counteracting abuse of state resources in Ukraine in line with approved proposals, budgets, workplans, and performance monitoring plans.
- Maintain and develop positive working relations with the National Agency for Corruption Prevention (NACP) and other relevant governmental bodies.
- Provide oversight over relevant subaward recipients, maintaining relationships and monitoring their activities and results.
- Lead on planning and organizing events, workshops, trainings, etc. as necessary in support of various stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society, and media.
- Establish, maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations.
- Draft analyses, opinions, and reports, as requested.
- Provide input into drafting work plans and budgeting.
- Upon request of the supervisor, participate in various forums, represent IFES at meetings with governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, as well as provide regular program-related updates.
- Contribute regularly to data collection and monitoring & evaluation.
- Ensure branding, and reporting requirements are well planned and met.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of six years of relevant working experience.
- Experience working on democracy and good governance programs.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s political and electoral environment.
- Knowledge of political finance and abuse of state resources issues preferred.
- Experience in organizing events and logistics.
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Senior Project Officer” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] copying Maksym Palamarchuk at [email protected] no later than November 20, 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time. We will consider candidates on a rolling basis.