IFES шукає молодшого асистента проєкту
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications from graduate-level students or recent university graduates to fill in the position of Junior Project Assistant. Working within the portfolio on “Building Central Election Commission Capacity Through Targeted Training and Evaluation”, the Junior Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of program activities under the supervision of the IFES Senior Project Officer.
This position is expected to begin on June 15, 2020, and will continue for 6 months with possible extension.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting program logistics, event preparation, monitoring and implementation of activities under the direction of a supervisor;
- Contributing to collection and tracking of data and other monitoring and evaluation support;
- Editing, formatting and contributing to IFES reporting, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting, presentations, and other reports;
- Maintaining project records and documents;
- Supporting direct supervision and coordination of vendors/trainers to ensure timely receipt of deliverables under their contracting obligations;
- Providing IFES Procurement and Finance departments with all the needed information and documentation to ensure timely contracting/ payments in full accordance with internal procedures;
- Providing support to the Joint IFES-CEC Training Center;
- Written translation of working documents and oral interpretation during program meetings, when required;
- Arranging travel and accommodation for IFES program staff throughout Ukraine;
- Travel throughout Ukraine to oversee regional program activities, when required;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality;
- Willingness to work in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, or a recent university graduate in a relevant field;
- Keen interest in democratic processes, Ukraine’s electoral and political landscape (preferred);
- Working-level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Junior Project Assistant” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] copying Maksym Palamarchuk at [email protected] no later than June 4, 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time.