IFES шукає Менеджера з технологій та кібербезпеки
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in position of Technology and Cybersecurity Manager. Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, the Technology and Cybersecurity Manager will lead and oversee the implementation, monitoring and development of IFES Ukraine’s programmatic interventions aimed at strengthening Ukraine’s electoral cybersecurity, specifically by helping prevent, deter, and protect critical IT systems from domestic and foreign cyber-attacks. Interventions will be designed and implemented in line with approved proposals, budgets, workplans, and performance monitoring plans.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead efforts to plan and organize cybersecurity activities in accordance with the approved workplan, budget and performance monitoring plans in close co-ordination and collaboration with the project team, local partners and stakeholders. Suggest priorities and adjustments to the work plan and design of activities;
- Lead the development of a sustainable project management cycle based on implementation standards and guidance from the Head of Programs. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, build capacity within the project team to deliver high quality outcomes quickly and provide direction and guidance to the project team;
- Develop ideas for new programmatic interventions and design, in collaboration with the program management team;
- Drive the recruitment of international and local consultants. Provide oversight and quality control for the consultants involved, as well as monitor their activities and results. Provide technical and substance briefings to all consultants prior to and during their engagement;
- Provide primary technical input related to cybersecurity in elections during the development and finalization of various documents. Regularly brief the organizational hierarchy on developments in cybersecurity in a local and global context, and advise on actions, legislation and policy development;
- Ensure relevant procurements are carried out in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- Improve the visibility of IFES Ukraine by representing the organization at various public activities. Write news items for the website, newsletters, information emails. Ensure visibility and branding standards in documents for public consumption;
- Contribute to and review regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES Headquarters, including monitoring & evaluation data collection;
- Perform other duties as required related to the implementation of IFES initiatives in Ukraine.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- Proven experience in project management in the fields of human rights, elections, good governance working with international donors and/or organizations in a complex and dynamic political environment;
- Knowledge of a logical framework approach for project management. Understanding of the principle of value for money and accountability. Ability to adapt and streamline processes appropriately.
- Experience in cybersecurity and/or IT (e.g. IT infrastructure, including website, hardware, and software) is preferred;
- The ability to remain extremely well-organized, balance a busy workload with several competing priorities and manage and organize this workload effectively and systematically;
- The ability to complete tasks independently with limited supervision with an understanding of when he/she can make decisions or need to refer to higher levels of authority;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to collaborate with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues;
- Excellent English, Russian and Ukrainian language skills are required with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders, and to present information to senior stakeholders in an appropriate format.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Master’s preferred;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant working experience;
- Demonstrated experience working on democracy and governance programs, understanding of electoral and political processes in Ukraine;
- Experience working with an international organization preferred.
- Experience organizing events and logistics;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification a plus;
- Experience working on USAID/UK/Canada-funded programs a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working in IT or cybersecurity field;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Technology and Cybersecurity Manager” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] copying Maksym Palamarchuk at [email protected] no later than August 27, 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time. We will consider candidates on a rolling basis.