IFES шукає асистента проекту
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Prоject Assistant. As a member of the Civic Education program team of IFES Ukraine, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of timely, high-quality activities under the supervision of IFES Civic Education and Electoral Justice Manager and of IFES Ukraine Civic Education Advisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support program logistics, event preparation, monitoring and implementation of activities under the direction of a supervisor;
- Edit, format and contribute to IFES reports, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting, presentations and other reports;
- Contribute to collection and tracking of indicators and other monitoring and evaluation support;
- Maintain project records and documents;
- Conduct reviews and edits on writings, comments, and reports produced in-house;
- Contribute to preparing posts and success stories for the Civic Education social networks and other informational materials;
- Plan and expedite travel and accommodation arrangements for IFES programming throughout Ukraine;
- Attend meetings at request of supervisor and take meeting minutes;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed;
- Translate written documents and provide verbal interpretation for staff as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field required;
- Keen interest in democracy processes and civic education;
- Interest in Ukraine’s electoral and political landscape (preferred);
- Prior experience organizing events and logistics;
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language writing skills;
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English and Ukrainian languages required.
TRAVEL: Domestic travel may be required.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and Letter of Interest, with “Application for Project Assistant” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] copying Maksym Palamarchuk at [email protected] no later than February 10, 2021 23.59 Kyiv time.