Grants & Subcontracts Specialist (Проєкт Трансформація комунікацій)
Chemonics International Inc.
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Grants & Subcontracts Specialist
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Grants and Subcontracts Specialist will provide support in management of all TCA grants and subcontract activities. The Grants and Subcontracts Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all grant and subcontract activities are compliant with USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics procurement policies, and for providing support to the management and monitoring of all grants and subcontracts.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and implement all aspects of the grantmaking and subcontracting lifecycle in line with USAID and Chemonics rules and regulations, Chemonics Quality Management System, Grants Manual, and Subcontract Manual.
- Function as a core communicator for project partners related to grants and subcontract implementation, building and maintaining positive working relationships with partners.
- Manage the solicitation process for grants and subcontracts, including overseeing selection committees, ensuring compliance with regulations and procedures, and ensuring that the mechanism and selected partners are able to achieve the desired project result. Support program staff to draft solicitations that will achieve the intended outcome for the project.
- Work in coordination with other team members including the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, COP, DCOP, Programs Team to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies and procedures throughout the design, development, and implementation of grants and subcontracts..
- Liaise between project staff and grant recipients, providing technical advice and assistance as needed in areas of financial management, procurement requirements, and implementation planning. Provide training and technical assistance for project partners to be able to understand and comply with rules and regulations
- Support project staff with the evaluation of grant concepts and grant agreement/award documents while ensuring adherence to established grants management policies.
- Ensure proper negotiation of final terms and conditions for grants and subcontracts and review and analyze budget estimates for allocability, reasonableness, and consistency. Work with grantees and project staff to develop or revise detailed grant budgets so that they are realistic and appropriate to the needs of the activity. Ensure best value negotiations for all subcontracts.
- Draft camera-ready grant agreements, subcontracts, and supporting documentation in English and (if necessary) Ukrainian.
- As needed, conduct translation between English and Ukrainian in written form, or for occasional meetings for project expatriates.
- Ensure adherence to project procurement policies and procedures and, in conjunction with the Finance and Administration Director, ensure that all project staff comply with these guidelines. These responsibilities include but are not limited to planning procurements, writing appropriate specifications, evaluating offers, monitoring contracts, handling all post-solicitation activities, including all appropriate documentation.
- Support project financial forecasting and maintaining budget and other tracking systems.
- Perform detailed reviews and audits of all grant receipt and subcontractor invoice documentation and ensure that expenses are incurred according to the terms of signed grant/subcontract.
- Manage the organization, tracking, and filing system of all grant and subcontract, documents in project office by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each file.
- Responsible for overseeing the close-out of grants within required time frames.
- Provide training and mentorship to grants and subcontracts assistants to help them progress in their careers and meet quality standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree, preferable in business administration, finance, or related field.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in grants/subcontracts and/or procurement is required. Other relevant experience may be considered.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office applications.
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English. Outstanding written and spoken English are desired.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than May 31, 2022
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.