Gender Mainstreaming Consultant – Консультант в Міжнародну Організацію з Міграції
Title of Position:
Type of Appointment:
Gender Mainstreaming Consultant
Capacity Building Migration Management (CBMM)
Nature of the consultancy:
Within the “New Face of the Border – Phase 2” project, funded by the U.S. Department of State, IOM supports implementation of the reform in the State Border Guard Service (SBGS) of Ukraine aimed at improvement of border crossing services in selected border divisions through enhanced procedures of staff recruitment and training.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator of the Capacity Building in Migration Management (CBMM) Unit of the IOM Mission in Ukraine and under the direct supervision of the CBMM National Officer the Gender Mainstreaming Consultant shall provide assistance to the SBGS in enhancement of their internal gender policy in compliance with the overall national law-enforcement reform and EU best practices, including in development of gender-balanced recruitment procedure, integration of gender-related topics (gender rights, prevention of sexual discrimination and harassment etc.) to staff training curriculum and incorporation of gender-oriented approach to provision of border crossing services.
Specific functions and tasks:
- Assess the needs and prospects of the SBGS in gender mainstreaming through analysis of normative and institutional framework, surveys, interviews and discussions with key stakeholders, participation in IOM-SBGS interagency working group meetings.
- Consult and coordinate activities with other government agencies such as Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, Ombudsman’s office as well as other actors active in gender mainstreaming in the law enforcement sector such as UN Women, Ukrainian Association of Women in Law Enforcement etc.
- Develop guidelines for implementing gender mainstreaming and provide recommendations on necessary changes to the SBGS regulatory and institutional framework to promote gender equality in the SBGS human resource management and gender-oriented approach to provision of border crossing services.
- Develop training programs and deliver necessary trainings to the SBGS staff.
- Contribute to evaluation of the actions’ efficiency.
- Contribute to projects development and planning.
- Provide regular reports to the CBMM National Officer concerning recommendations and suggesting the means to improve the projects’ implementation.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- A report containing expert judgment on the existing recruitment and selection regulatory documents, tools and procedures developed in the framework of the project and recommendations on their improvement from the gender perspective.
- A report on the reviewed staff charts of the border divisions participating in the project, developed according to the job descriptions, register of positions and qualification requirements and recommendations on their improvement from the gender perspective.
- A training module on gender mainstreaming in border management to be integrated into all the training materials adjusted in the framework of the project (covering inter alia the issues of human rights protection, non-discrimination, sexual harassment).
- Minimum 10 trainings delivered to the SBGS personnel on gender-related issues.
- A report on the recruitment PR campaign and recommendations on its improvement from the gender perspective.
- A set of questions relevant to assess the gender related aspects during the public opinion survey on corruption.
- Regular reports concerning work performed against project implementation plan and recommendations related to the activities planned.
In order to properly undertake the services, the Consultant should possess the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in development of institutional strategies, policies, guidelines or related documents, preferably with focus on gender mainstreaming. Experience of institutional development of law-enforcement agency is an asset.
- Master degree in Social Studies, Development, with a bias to gender and social inclusion or related field.
- Proven analytical skills in gender mainstreaming. Having produced at least one gender strategy or carried out gender related studies.
- Experience in development of training programs and delivery of trainings on gender related issues.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of carrying out gender-related studies/surveys.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, organizational skills.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Commitment to IOM’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV (containing names and contact information of three referees) and cover letter to:
IOM Kyiv: [email protected]
8 Mykhailivska St., Kyiv, 01001
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 27 April 2018; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.