The USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project (ESP) is a USAID-funded project with the mission to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment, and to increase the resilience of energy supply. The objective is to help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to correctly implement EU directives-based and competitive energy markets. As a result, the Government of Ukraine will facilitate private sector-led energy investments, increase renewable energy generation and provide secure, reliable, and affordable energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is looking for a Financial Analyst, who support analysis of the economics of competitive energy markets, including gas and electricity markets, revenue requirement of regulated market participants, renewable energy, least cost emission reduction strategies, and another project analysis. The Financial Analyst will report to the Financial Expert. This position is based in Kyiv.
- Support efforts to assess the viability of new investments and their attractiveness to investors.
- Help estimate trends in electricity market, gas market and heating market
- Financial analysis of energy sector major companies
- Help to prepare financial models on tariff regulation, appraisal of investment projects
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the Financial Expert.
- At least 2 years of experience with energy sector or other production companies’ economic analyses.
- Able to analyze difficult situations and formulate actions that can lead to desired results.
- Knowledge of IFRS standards.
- Experience in audit companies is a plus.
- Experience in financial models’ preparation.
- Deep knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills,
- Bachler’s degree, in business management, economics, finance, energy, or a related field acceptable to Tetra Tech.
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
- Experience working with government agencies is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer software for project management is a plus.
*Deadline for applying for this position –February 28, 2019
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to [email protected]
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The ESP Project is not obligated to fill this position.