Фінансовий(-а) асистент(-ка) в НДІ
Department: Operations and Compliance
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Director for Finance and Administration
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Application Deadline: January 28, 202
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors. NDI and its partners have been working in Ukraine since 1992.
Position Summary: NDI seeks a full-time Finance Assistant (FA) to support effective and efficient financial operations in the Ukraine office. Specifically, the FA will support accounts payable functions under the direct supervision of the Director for Finance and Administration, and ultimately the Resident Director for Operations and Compliance and the Resident Country Director. As part of this position, the FA will be expected to coordinate on a day-to-day basis with employees and vendors on document review and payment processing. This position requires discretion, sound judgement, a positive demeanor, and willingness to work in the support of others within the organization. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Coordinate accounts payable for NDI by reviewing payment documents, preparing vouchers, invoices and supporting documentation for review and approval by managers;
- Support the timely reconciliation of advance requests, employee expense reports, and corporate credit/debit cards;
- Provide administrative support to the Finance team by receiving, scanning and filing financial documents in accordance with established procedures;
- Support NDI activities by calculating and disbursing participant reimbursements when necessary;
- Help prepare financial reports required by headquarters and government authorities;
- Provide written translations for Ukrainian-English and English-Ukrainian as necessary for the preparation of financial documents and reports; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s), even outside traditional working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, preferably in the accounting, financing or business fields;
- Knowledge about financial operations preferred, and work experience or an internship in an accounting position is a plus;
- Fluency in Ukrainian is required; Strong written and oral communication skills in English are required;
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships with all levels of staff, program partners, international personnel and consultants;
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, and G+), and PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; Experience with NetSuite highly desired; and
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and travel domestically, when necessary.
Submission Guidelines: Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send a CV and motivation letter in English to the following email address: [email protected], with the subject line (Ref: Finance Assistant). Your CV and motivation letter should demonstrate your interest and qualifications for this position, and be submitted as a single PDF file.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is January 28, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written assessment, and finalists only will be invited for an interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.