Field Directors for Ukraine UNITY Project/ Регіональний директор в Ukraine UNITY Project
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking Field Directors for the anticipated five-year, $38 million USAID-funded Youth Unity project. The UNITY Activity will foster vested ownership among young people in Ukraine’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism by supporting expanded opportunities for young people to define their future together and by strengthening their skills and an enabling environment that will empower youth to meaningfully participate in civic and economic opportunities.
The Field Director is responsible for leading the overall activity outreach and engagement activities in the regional office. He/She is responsible for implementing strategies that support expanded opportunities for young people, strengthen skills and enable an environment empowers youth to meaningfully participate in civic and economic opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
The field director will ensure the smooth and timely implementation of the project activities through the efficient and effective application of program resources to accomplish project objectives. The primary responsibilities of the field director are to ensure that UNITY provides sound programming to beneficiaries. The Field Director will:
- Oversee community engagement and other staff in the regional office;
- Coordinate all functions needed to support activity implementation, including logistics, financial compliance, and oversight of stakeholder relations, organize regular staff meetings to plan activities, address challenges and report on progress; and
- Implement and use research and learning on youth-related data, trends, and approaches inform youth policy and programming.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social studies, business, international development, or a related field.
- At least three years’ technical experience in donor-funded youth programs.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on youth and community resilience, economic empowerment, preferably in the Balkans;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advance complex, politically sensitive activities;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors and other stakeholders.
- Experience in Ukraine strongly preferred
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian, or Russian required.
Interested candidates should apply following the link:
Citizens of Ukraine are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.