Фахівець/чиня з адміністративних питань / Administration Associate (Facilities), SC-6
Всесвітня продовольча програма (ВПП ООН) — це гуманітарна організація ООН, яка надає продовольчу допомогу у вигляді грошової допомоги, сертифікатів або продуктів харчування громадам, що постраждали від війни. У своїй діяльності ВПП керується гуманітарними принципами нейтралітету, неупередженості, гуманності та незалежності. Спираючись на пристрасть, відданість та професіоналізм наших 24 000 співробітників по всьому світу, Всесвітня продовольча програма (ВПП) працює в понад 123 країнах і територіях, щоб доставляти життєво необхідну їжу людям, які залишилися переміщеними внаслідок конфлікту та знедоленими внаслідок катастроф. Крім того, ВПП допомагає окремим особам і громадам знайти кардинальні рішення для багатьох проблем, з якими вони стикаються, будуючи краще майбутнє.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Unit / Division: Administration Unit / WFP Ukraine
Duty Station: Dnipro Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Closing date: 03 December2023, midnight (Central European Time)
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
An Administrative Associate (Facilities) will coordinate and provide high-quality, client-focused and value-for-money-oriented administration services.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has had drastic consequences, both for people inside the country and for those around the world dependent on its huge grain supplies. It has caused one of the fastest forced population movements since the Second World War. Close to 8 million Ukrainians are living as refugees across Europe, and another 5.3 million are internally displaced. Many are destitute, having lost their homes and livelihoods. As food production and supply lines are disrupted by fighting, many families in the east and south do not have reliable access to nutritious food.
WFP uses a flexible mix of food and cash assistance to support vulnerable Ukrainians wherever they are. This includes working with local partners to distribute food rations in areas near the frontline and providing cash transfers wherever people have access to banks and markets to buy food. Since March 2022, WFP has distributed food and cash assistance equivalent to 1.9 billion meals to families displaced and affected by the war, partnering directly with local responders.
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
In this position you will have to:
1. Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
2. Develop annual plans, contribute to longer-term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
3. Provision of inputs to the country office administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
4. Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
5. Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP facilities, common premises etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
6. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP facilities management etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
7. Preparation and management of leases and MOUs for facilities and common premises.
8. Administrative support to conferences, workshops, and retreats.
9. Processing and management of invoices and payments related to facilities, common premises, maintenance works etc.
10. Maintaining the filing system ensuring the safekeeping of confidential materials.
11. Extraction of data from various sources and preparation of reports.
12. Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
13. Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the head of the unit.
14. Assistance in the preparation of budget, and provision of information for audit.
15. Perform any other related activity as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have:
Education: Secondary education with special qualifications and training in Engineering, Facilities Management or other relevant field relating to office and premises management including technicians (electrical, mechanical). A university-level degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or in a related field will be an asset.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in facilities management and other related administrative tasks including contract administration. A university degree may compensate for some years of experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of national rules, regulations and policies in the area of administration.
- Has gained experience in administration and applies this to all activities.
- Has provided support in leading projects and input into function policies.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both in English and Ukrainian languages.
Before you apply…
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
How do you apply…
To be considered, you are invited to apply via WFP’s recruitment portal. CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.