Фахівець з аналізу політики в Пакт, Інк.
Пакт, Інк. оголошує конкурс на заміщення вакансії Фахівця з аналізу політики для проекту USAID/ENGAGE (далі – англ.)
Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Policy Analyst for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Strategic Communication and Research Manager
Job type: Full Time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of extension
Pact is an international development organization with a mission to help build strong communities globally that provide people with an opportunity to earn a dignified living, raise healthy families, and participate in democratic life. Pact achieves this by strengthening the capacity of grassroots organizations, coalitions and networks and by forging linkages among government, business and the citizen sectors to achieve social, economic and environmental justice.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact seeks candidates to fill the position of Policy and Strategic Communications Analyst for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity. ENGAGE aims to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic actions at the national, regional, and local level. By strengthening civil society’s responsiveness to diverse constituencies, the USAID/ENGAGE activity aims to empower citizens to advocate for reform, demand effective implementation, and hold government accountable in the path toward a peaceful and prosperous European Ukraine.
The Policy and Strategic Communications Analyst ensures use of cutting-edge analysis, research methods for strategic communication. A native English speaker, he/she works in close collaboration with the Chief of Party under the supervision of the Strategic Communication and Research Manager and the ENGAGE research and communications personnel. He/she generates ideas and new solutions based on rigorous analyses. He/she produces technical documents and studies to international and domestic audiences.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to external and internal materials on state-of-the-art methods in civil society development and produce written documentation;
- Contribute to Pact’s weekly newsletter on Ukrainian civil society, memo, analytical documents, success stories;
- Contribute to publications of the ENGAGE activity;
- Manage relationships with technical resource partners and vendor accounts, including local and international firms;
- Serve as an advisor to the Communications personnel and provide direction and feedback as needed;
- Assist the Program and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning units of ENGAGE to develop program learning and program advancement studies;
- Contribute to developing research objectives and communication plans;
- Identify analytical and research questions and propose and implement policy analysis to address them;
- Advise the Strategic Communication and Research Manager on arranging publicity for the ENGAGE activity publications through different outlets;
- Keep partners and the public up to date with ENGAGE activity news.
- Master’s degree in relevant field, such as political science, journalism, public policy analysis, communication;
- At least 3 years of related work experience in research or strategic communications role;
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and strong analytical skills;
- Native English speaking and writing skills;
- Understanding of civil society and governance in Ukraine;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian is an asset.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Policy Analyst” in the subject line by COB December 22, 2017. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. We thank you for your interest. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be invited to interview.