Фахівець(-чиня) грантової програми / Grants Officer
Deloitte is seeking to hire full-time Grants Officer positions for its USAID Health Reform Support project in Ukraine. The position is based in Ukraine and reports to the Grants Team Lead.
Period of Performance: ASAP – September 30, 2023
Level of Effort: full-time
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS) project is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Grants Officer will support the development and release of solicitations, support the evaluation process, and the post-award monitoring for grants under contract across the portfolio. This individual will work in close coordination with grants managers and technical teams to support grant recipients.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the technical teams in the development of clear and concise Scopes of Work (SoW) for grant awards;
- Provide full life-cycle support to the grants process including the preparation of Requests for Applications (RFAs), coordinating technical evaluation committee reviews, liaising with grantees on award negotiations, and aiding post-award compliance and monitoring;
- Generate and maintain paperwork required to issue grants, including drafts of selection memoranda, award documents, client approval requests/notifications, among others;
- Support the integrity of the grants making process by ensuring processes support adequate competition in accordance with Deloitte/USAID policies and procedures;
- Maintain grants trackers and databases;
- Coordinate grant trainings and webinars with prospective and active grantees;
- Coordinate with grantees answer routine questions about award compliance and to ensure proper documentation of performance is maintained throughout award;
- Prepare modification to grant documents as necessary;
- Liaise with technical teams to answer on routine questions related to compliance with Deloitte/USAID grants manual and applicable federal regulations;
- Coordinate with the Finance Team on payment;
- Provide regular progress reports to Grants leadership on grantee progress; and
- Other responsibilities as required by supervisor or project leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, using diplomatic and tactful language, even in stressful, time-sensitive situations;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in grants management, particularly with USAID-funded grants under contract;
- Familiarity with all stages of the grants making process, including post-award support to grantees
- Knowledge of applicable U.S. federal regulations to grants under contract
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international personnel, health sector partners, and the NGO community;
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work both individually and in a team;
- Reputation with former colleagues and partners for having a “customer-service” outlook to past roles;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Outlook;
- Demonstrated capacity to think critically about policies; and
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids.
Deloitte welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Deloitte makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and list of two professional references [email protected] no later than March 29, 2023. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Grants Officer“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.