Emergency Response and Health Services Restoration Аdvisor – Community Action for HIV Control
For 50 years, Pact has been dedicated to improving the lives of people around the globe who are affected by poverty and marginalization and doing it in a way that empowers them to overcome challenges on their own. We are proud to have reached millions of people across more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas – and to have made lasting change hand in hand with thousands of communities and partners.
Pact Inc. is implementing a USAID-funded project Community Action for HIV Control. The project goal is to accelerate Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improved prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations.
ER&HSR Advisor will provide technical leadership and oversight of the new project objectives aimed at assist GoU in restoration of essential health services and support health system recovery disrupted by Russia’s brutal war, including for specific, coordinated investments envisioned in USAID focal oblasts. Reporting to Chief of Party ER&HSR Advisor will supervise the coordinated and articulated efforts of Project Team and local partners and aligned technical functions through the provision of high-quality, demand-driven support services. S(h)e will lead the target activities to local partners across a diverse array of technical areas of focus towards restoration of services and achieving results. The ER&HSR Advisor will supervise a team with the shared responsibility to facilitate assessments, provide direct support, and coordinate the provision of support to local partners to further advance Ukraine’s progress towards overcoming negative impact of war on the community based health services.
- Provide technical direction in activity planning for all components under the Project
- Lead the technical and contextual adaptation of related Project activities
- Lead the development and implementation of the project’s comprehensive activities aim at restoration of essential health services and support health system recovery.
- Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of all project activities concerning restoration of essential health services and support health system recovery.
- Ensure high-quality technical programming through participatory methodologies, co-creation, and contextualization, per Pact’s overarching principles, approaches, and tools.
- Support the development of materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for local partners, including trainings, mentoring and coaching, partners peer learning and other methodologies
- Conduct periodic review/mapping of the technical and organizational strengths/assets and needs that exist among the partners.
- Serve as a liaison between the Program team and other Project teams to ensure complexity of technical assistance and support, fostering strong collaboration and coordination with the grants management team to integrate supplement activities and subaward monitoring processes, as appropriate.
- Support knowledge management, linkages and exchange of learnings and best practices across program activities in close collaboration with Capacity development team.
- Contribute to the development of annual workplans, performance monitoring and program reporting
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination, and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community- based organizations.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
- All other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in a relevant field including international relation, organizational development, social sciences, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in civil society strengthening, governance, community mobilization, or other relevant programming or equivalent experience in public sector
- Excellent grasp and demonstrated experience in managing complex task and challenging operation environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing national level technical assistance and humanitarian response program
- Excellent facilitation, training, and mentoring skills in a variety of organizational development and technical topics.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with civil society partners and other strategic stakeholders in government and private sector.
- Proven ability to manage a team, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and preparations of written reports.
- Proven program leadership, management, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- The candidate must be demonstrably proficient in (oral, writing and reading) Ukrainian and English.
- Ability to travel within Ukraine and occasionally internationally
- Experience overseeing and coordinating with international field offices preferred.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programs in Ukraine.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Ukraine.
- Experience working with government, community-based organizations and/or key populations in Ukraine.
- Broad understanding of public health, health systems, and health policy and practice in Ukraine, particularly as relates to war caused services’ disruption.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “ER&HSR Advisor ” in the subject line. The position will be filled upon available financing confirmed by donors. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.