Експерт зі зв’язків з парламентом – Parliamentary strengthening expert
Parliamentary strengthening expert
East Europe Foundation is looking for a candidate: Parliamentary strengthening expert for the USAID RADA Program, which aims to promote a representative, accountable and independent parliament – the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
The expert will oversee capacity development of deliberative Ukraine’s bodies to help improve their legislative, oversight, and representational functions to better serve Ukrainian citizens.
Under direction of Chef of Party (COP) of USAID Rada Program, the Parliamentary strengthening expert responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide leadership and management oversight for all support activities related to parliamentary strengthening;
- Identify and work with parliamentary leaders to improve government functions;
- Analyze assessment results, determine priorities, and develop a long-term action plan;
- Develop and implement capacity building programs for parliamentary staff;
- Develop and implement leadership seminars and new member orientations for members of parliament;
- Ensure that parliamentary strengthening activities emphasize and integrate gender concerns and women’s empowerment in line with USAID’s global and Ukraine-specific gender policies;
- Identify ways to bring stakeholders together to promote transparency and openness;
- Ensure compliance with USAID’s rules and regulations;
- Represent the project to key stakeholders, beneficiaries, USAID staff, and other international donors as requested by the chief of party
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required ;
- Minimum five years of experience overseeing legislative processes, policymakers, and civil servants at the national and regional levels in transitional, nascent, or weak government institutions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Interest in working with an international team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluent Ukrainian and English
Please send your CV with the title “Parliamentary strengthening expert” in subject line at [email protected] by January 4, 2019. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.