Експерт з юридичних питань в Офіс реформ адмінпослуг
The administrative services reform is owned by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (MEDT) and sponsored by the EDGE (Expert Deployment for Governance and Economic Growth Project – responsive initiative designed to resolve some of the most pressing issues in governance reform and development in Ukraine) to deliver on Strategy 2020 focus on decentralization and public administration.
The MEDT and the EDGE had agreed to establish an Administrative Services Reform Office (ASO) that acts as an independent donor-funded non-government office with mandate from the MEDT to coordinate and support the administrative services reform.
The ASO has the task from the MEDT to support development of Administrative Service Centers as citizen-centric and efficient institution.
Legal Expert in Administrative Services will support simplification of administrative services, reduction of unnecessary burden for citizens. An expert will conduct analysis of administrative procedures, provide input into draft legislation on optimization of administrative services and improvement of administrative procedures, develop ideas, tools for systemic administrative services provision review.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Master’s degree in Public Administration or Law (preferably);
• Strong project management and analytical skills;
• At least 3 years of experience in legal, regulatory and related areas;
• Knowledge of regulation (legal, sublegal) in Administrative Service is a plus;
• Familiarity with the public administration, administrative services reform agenda is an advantage;
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English.
Indicative duties and responsibilities:
• Administrative services optimization – conduct legal analysis, develop proposals;
• Legal drafting for administrative services re-engineering;
• Conduct, take part in the working groups, meetings, seminars on relevant public services;
• Registry of services; National portal of administrative services analysis, regulation, optimization;
• Prepare events, reports, presentations promoting reform;
• Proposed ideas, tools for systemic administrative services provision review;
• Interaction with public authorities, non-governmental organizations and other projects of international technical assistance;
• Support ASO team to achieve reform goals.
Contract Duration and Timing
The total duration of the consultancy is expected to be 3 months with possible extension. Full-time position based in Kyiv. For contracting, a candidate should be able to register Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on March 29, 2019 to the following address: [email protected]. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV with three names of referees;
2) Applicant’s brief letter of interest indicated related experience and achievements.
Please ensure to state Legal Expert in Administrative Services (ASO) in the e-mail subject line.