Дослідник/ця до програми “Мріємо та діємо”
Making Cents International seeks a Ukraine-based Researcher to support youth-focused research taking place under the USAID-funded Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) activity. This activity seeks to foster vested ownership among young people in the country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership of a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
The Researcher will support the development and dissemination of a Ukraine-wide youth survey on secondary education outcomes and the finalization of a learning brief on rapid, trauma-informed approaches to monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) activities. The Researcher will collaborate closely with the Making Cents and broader UNITY team on this work.
Role and Tasks
The Researcher will provide support for research on youth-focused topics within the Ukrainian context. The Researcher’s tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Support design and implementation of research activities that study the impact of the war on school-aged children, including developing a research plan and protocols
- Support the development of selection criteria for and then onboarding and management of an external research firm
- Organize and manage research logistics using a do-no-harm approach, including submitting study materials for review by external and Ukraine-based Institutional Review Boards
- Help collect and analyze survey research data
- Contribute to efforts to share research findings, including participating in verbal debriefing presentations and developing a study report
- Help draft and finalize content for a learning brief on trauma-informed approaches to rapid MERL activities
- As needed, review Ukrainian/English translation of written research materials to confirm accuracy and support oral Ukrainian/English translation to ensure stakeholder understanding during research activities
- Integrate gender equality and social inclusion approaches into research activities as requested
- Provide MERL expertise to contribute to UNITY objective activities as needed
- Meet regularly with the Making Cents and broader UNITY team and participate in team meetings
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Level of Effort
Maximum Level of Effort will be 70 days to begin in March 2023 and end September 2023.
- A bachelor’s degree in social science or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant research and research management experience
- Experience leading and coordinating research activities, including with partners and other stakeholders such as youth
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with youth and on youth-focused research topics
- Experience training individuals, including youth, to conduct research
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills and using MS Office Suite in particular
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian
- Ability to travel within Ukraine, as security allows
- Experience with USAID programming
- Experience developing and tracking project-level indicators
Making Cents International is a certified B Corporation, founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since 1999, we have supported the well-being of youth and adults globally through high-impact programs that bolster those who serve people living in vulnerable contexts in low- and middle-income countries. As a purpose-driven small business, we have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.