Digitalisation and regional outreach consultant (2 posts) | ПРООН – Дедлайн подовжено
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
In 2021, in light of the volatile situation with COVID-19 restrictions, the DIA Support Project, together with qualified CSOs and their coalitions/consortia, will have a piloting stage of a regional tour to test for an optimum model of a more extensive road trip in 2022. While the civil society partner or a coalition of CSOs are expected to conceptualise the pilot regional tour, they are not expected to have all the necessary subject-matter expertise on board.
Hence, UNDP Ukraine is looking for a Digitalisation and Regional Outreach Consultant who is seen as an integral member of the pilot tour team, adding their expertise and credibility to the discussions and supporting the success of the undertaken effort in the field.
The Consultant is expected to:
- attend at least 4 of the regional events (2 consultants covering a total of 8 events);
- help UNDP answer the questions and concerns of the people consulted in the regions in a balanced manner – without downplaying the risks or exaggerating the difficulties that may be faced;
- help the UNDP team compile a balanced and informative FAQ database on human-centered digital transformation.
Scope of services
Each of the two hired Consultants will be attached to a region, established in the result of the grant competition. A successful CSO applicant for the pilot regional tour will conduct collaborative sessions in at least two regions. Consultant 1 will be attached to the Region 1 and Consultant 2 will be attached to the Region 2. However, we envision the possibility to cross-engage Consultants, namely Consultant 1 to Region 2 and Consultant 2 to Region 1.
It is anticipated that the Consultant will engage in the following types of activities in close consultation with UNDP and MDT teams:
- Based on previous sociological research and available materials (to be provided by UNDP and sought by the Consultant themselves), prepare a set of top-30 “tricky questions” that citizens may raise regarding digital transformation – focusing on the technical details, data security, legal limitations and prospects, economy, social impact and other relevant themes. Propose answers to these questions in anticipation of the pilot regional tour trips;
- Closely work with the CSO / consortium in preparation of up to 8 regional events. Serve as part of the design team, provide feedback and contribute to the design of the agendas in each of the pilot tour locations;
- As part of the MDT / UNDP / CSO or consortium team, visit at least 4 regional locations (2 consultants covering 8 localities), deliver presentations as necessary and agreed at the tour design stage, lead on answering the queries of participants, offer other assistance as may be necessary throughout the tour;
- Draft parts of the final report on the pilot tour in partnership with the CSO / consortium, summarizing the meetings held in the 8 localities and offering inputs into the recommendations for the 2022 core tour;
- Participate in working meetings and events other than the regional tour visits alongside MDT, UNDP and / or the partner CSO / consortium, as necessary and in connection with the regional tour or citizen outreach. Provide brief consultations to the UNDP DIA Support team as necessary on issues of digital transformation.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Required Skills and Experience
Required experience and qualifications
- Masters’ / Specialist degree in Digitalisation, System Engineering, Computer Science, Cybernetics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in e-governance, digital transformation in commercial, civic or government institutions.
- Proven experience of producing analytical materials themed on themed on digitalisation, cybersecurity or electronic governance.
- Proven experience of public speaking and delivery of workshops / experience of public interaction with the end-users of the IT-solutions.
- Cooperation with the MDT team is considered an asset.
- Native-level knowledge of Ukrainian is required. At least working-level knowledge of English.
Documents to be included when submitting the proposal:
- Personal CV, including information about experience in similar projects / assignments as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references;
- Financial proposal in line with information presented in Section 4. Measurable outputs of the work assignment/deliverables;
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (template may be found at https://cutt.ly/Bzs6D4A);
- Writing sample of no more than 15 pages demonstrating the candidate’s ability to produce analytical products (in English or Ukrainian) themed on digitalisation, cybersecurity or electronic governance.
Please use templates via the link
Lump sum contract
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable deliverables (please, refer to Section 4 Measurable outputs of the work assignment/deliverables). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. To assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of Cost by Components.
The application deadline is August 26, 2021.
For more information on deliverables, requirements, and an application process, please visit: https://cutt.ly/digitalisation_consultant