Database Operator / Оператор_ка бази даних
arche noVa — Initiative for People in Need is a religiously independent non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Dresden, Germany, working in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector. Further information about the organisation can be found here: www.arche-nova.org.
arche noVa has started its relief program in Ukraine responding to the unprecedented humanitarian crisis. Since the 24th of February 2022, the war in Ukraine has shown no signs of abating and continues to drive increasing humanitarian needs across the country. The hostilities have resulted in civilian casualties that continue growing and significant infrastructure damage. The war has affected all spheres of life and uprooted millions of Ukrainians.
For the implementation of the arche noVa relief measures, we are looking for a Database Operator (national position)
Duration: until the 30th of April 2024, with the possibility of an extension
Position to be filled: ASAP
Duty station: city of Kyiv
Contract: consultancy or labour, with six weeks of a probation period
- Supporting the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (M&EC) and the Program team in establishing structures in place, developing and applying sustainable data management and dissemination systems, including data collection and analysis, methodologies, plans etc.
- Designing, developing and managing databases, dashboards and other tools
- Consolidating, documenting and disaggregating collected data, ensuring a high level of accuracy, consistency and comparability to support the decision-making process
- Developing and implementing proper data management system, including backup, storage, validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Developing, designing and updating information visual materials, e.g. maps, charts and infographics, using collected data to convey key messages
- Contributing to improving the quality and timeliness of current relevant issues
- Performing other relevant duties as and when required
- Degree/certificate in data management or other relevant areas
- At least 3 years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Proven experience in working with a large amount of data, checking its completeness and accuracy
- Good command of Ukrainian and English (both written and spoken) is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong self-organisational skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Monthly remuneration according to the organisation’s grid
- Travel expenses
Deadline for application: 15th of December 2023
Please note that the interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and the position might be filled before the deadline.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and Motivation letter in English to: [email protected].