Dаtа АnаІуst, Suрроrt tо Аntі-Cоrruрtіоn Сhаmріоn Іnstіtutіоns Рrоgrаm іn Ukrаіnе
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts. SACCI supports the Ministry for Communities, Territories, and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine (the Ministry) in creating an effective system for preventing corruption in reconstruction processes to ensure transparency and accountability.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Data Analyst will support the Ministry. The Ministry builds up a geo-information system (GIS) that includes information about damages and destruction caused to the regions of Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation to ensure transparency and integrity and mitigate corruption risks in the rebuilding and regional development. The Data Analyst will also contribute to developing the GIS system for the Ministry. This is a short-term position with an expected level of effort of up to 150 working days.
- Assist the Ministry in the development of a technical task for existing and potentially available data sets that allow the formation of analytics for the GIS for regional development.
- Design and propose approaches as for prioritization of investments in reconstruction based on existing and potentially available data sets.
- Propose options for automation of data collection for regional development planning and digital management of reconstruction.
- Design and propose approaches for a systematic module of GIS based on existing and potentially available data sets.
- Propose approaches to improve the quality of data in existing and potentially available data sets.
- Propose ways for validation of reconstruction prioritization methodology.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field is required.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in data analytics and digital transformation is required.
- Experience using and designing data sets for data-bases is required.
- Fluency in written and oral Ukrainian required. Fluency in English preferred.
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 29, 2023, 18:00 Kyiv time*
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please: